Friday, April 19, 2019

Breaking My No-Buy

I've been on a no-buy for a while. I want to save money and also be able to actually use all of my skincare products before they go bad.

However I did break my no-buy earlier because of Lumene's Aerating Gel Mask (on sale).

And now I just went completely crazy and shopped more Lumene (it was - 40 %!), Essence and Colourpop. I've never tried anything from Colourpop before and Disney Villains Collection is way too attractive to skip, Hades is my favourite (ordered products still on their way). Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Gel Wash was on sale too so I took back-ups. Also ordered back-ups of Tosowoong's Apricot Seed Oil Cleansing Oils as I'm unsure what's going on with them. Suddenly they've disappeared from almost all sellers - are they being discontinued? If so, I'm very sad. The same thing with Neulii, I just tried their BHA PHA 5.5 Peeling Pad sample and quite liked it, now it feels like the whole brand has vanished. So I ordered one tub just in case to confirm if it really makes my sudden acne bursts disappear almost overnight.

Strangely I regret nothing. Or maybe I do, the eyeliner pen from Essence. It's certainly not longlasting.



Also a bit of The Ordidary basics shopping and retinol and pycnogenol that I haven't tried.

While trying to decide which Lumene foundations and shades to get, I swatched some on my hand at the same time. Looking at this swatch makes me really question myself and my ability to shade match. Lumene's CC Cream in light has been my go-to for years. Have they updated the shades? Why is it so... light? However out of all these shades it looks the dirtiest shade of beige that suits me the best. Maybe I have gotten away with it because I use so light layers of foundation. Maybe the lighting in the store just makes everything look different on my red blotchy skin.

Instant Glow Beauty Serum and Fresh Skin Tint are both more like tints, very sheer and light on skin. Still only 3 universal shades are not enough, I think I'm between the medium and light. I tried a sample of Beauty Serum in medium on my face and it was a bit too dark, the light one disappeared in seamlessly, even though it looks like the lightest out of these. However even the medium ones didn't pull orange on me so that's a win.




No comments:

Post a Comment