Sunday, December 24, 2023

Current Favorites

What a great way to end this year with a more luxurious current favorites post! I choose whatever and however and whenever I like. Right now all these products are my morning staples. I would repurchase them all...


Kevyn Aucoin Neo Bronzer Sunrise Light

This is a pink toned bronzer and it is incredibly natural looking. Easy to apply fast, blends well, but if you really want it to show, needs a lot of layering... But very good for busy tired mornings, a little something extra sculpting for face but doesn't require effort and never can go wrong. 

The other side of bronzer does have glitter chunks. Eh, not so keen on that on cheeks but it's good natural eyeshadow. 


Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place in 1W1 Bone (Light with warm undertones)

Yay, bought this foundation a long time ago and finally really gave it a go. It is very good! Stays all day in normal winter circumstances at least. It is not really drying, but, I've been using Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream underneath. I apply the foundation with a damp sponge and get reasonably natural results. I also often mix it with blue mixer so it looks less orange, but for everyday look I apply so little foundation that even if it's a bit orange-ish, it's so sheer and blended that you can't tell at all! 

I do really like Double Wear, it doesn't do anything funny, works well with basic facial creams, shade's ok, doesn't have scent, doesn't break me out, can be mixed with other foundations/mixers, dries quickly (must work quickly to blend it too), doesn't turn greasy on skin after a long day (during winter at least).


Jane Iredale Mineral Pure Pressed Base Refill in Warm Silk

Also, I have topped Double Wear with a dust of mineral foundation powder. You would think this is too much but they work surprisingly well together to lock everything in and yet the end result is not too powdery or heavy. But I apply all things lightly! 

Warm Silk is quite neutral shade and works really well for me! It was less warm/yellow than I thought it would be when I first time swatched it next to other shades but it has turned out to be perfect. It is a really nice powder formula and good stand alone base as well but if I really want cover a powder foundation is not enough for me.


Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream 

Such a good basic non scented moisturizer! This is my second "mini", next I'll go for a full size 50ml one. This works under and on top of other products,  I don't really have to layer things because it is moisturizing enough on its own yet it is not heavy at all! Doesn't break me out either. Just feels nice on skin, that's all.


Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet EdT

Ok, so Blooming Bouquet seems to be my daily signature fragrance now. It is so inoffensive and doesn't even last long, I don't have to be afraid of overspraying. It is sweet, but in an adult way. Fresh, soapy, floral, doesn't trigger any headaches for me. Plus the bottle looks so cute with the angular shape yet the ribbon bow and pink liquid make it very girly. Just saying that picking up the bottle makes me happy and I guess that's money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment