Sunday, February 19, 2023

Current Favorites



I choose my current favorites however and whenever I like! This time just a few things I've been using daily/weekly (sulphur) during the last month.


Medik8 Crystal Retinal 3

If it weren't for the price tag, I would definitely recommend this one for a sensitive problem skin. I've been using it practically every night now for a month (?) and my skin is smoother and the small acne area disappeared from my chin. You might ask, why do I still get acne despite having/using so many actives. The thing is, when I get busy/tired, I get extremely tired, and barely handle washing off make up and slapping on moisturizer in the evening. This mindset might last several weeks and all it takes is one week without acne fighters and my skin revenges.

I've had zero irritation or dryness from Crystal Retinal 3. But of course it has only 0,03 % or so Retinal (the gentler yet more effective form of Retinoid compared to Retinol). It has a scent, but I find it similar to lightly fragranced foundations. The peach colored cream absorbs immediately and hasn't pilled under any of my other products.


Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream

Smooth, un-scented cream that absorbs well. Leaves skin moisturized and not greasy. I don't think it is rich, no where balmy either. Pleasant cream overall, can see many skin types liking it! Didn't pill under my other products. 

I got Rich Moist Soothing Cream Mini from Skincity Advent Calendar and might repurchase the full size for next winter.


De La Cruz Sulphur 10%

Sulphur definitely smells bad but it is so effective for my hairline acne/bumps/irritation. I apply a tiny bit and leave it for the night. I should order a new tub soon.


Etude House Soon Jung Emulsion

I think this is a calming emulsion, or light moisturizer. Leaves skin a bit sticky, slightly plumped (I have no idea if I am just imagining!). No scent. Been using this after Medik8 Crystal Retinal 3 in the evening. Sometimes I've topped it with Paula's Choice Calm Restoring Moisturizer as well. Sometimes I've applied Paula's Choice first, Etude House second. Skin looks very nice in the morning! 


Paula's Choice CALM Restoring Moisturizer (Normal to Oily Skin)

Not very moisturizing during winter but I can see I would love this alone during summer! I do think it might be calming, my skin looked nice the next morning, even if I felt that it was a bit dry (when used alone). Slippy, siliconey feel, no scent. Disappears into skin very fast, leaves a slight film but otherwise feels like nothing, not sticky. I wonder if the version meant for dry skin is more suitable for winter. Actually haven't used Calm Restoring Moisturizer under make up so can't say how it works for that purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment