Thursday, December 31, 2020

Empties Since October

My empties since October, so 3 months' worth of finished products. I was 99% sure I would have finished 5-10 products more, because I had so many half empty ones. Seems like there's only so much one person can use! I don't know why that is a surprise to me every single time.


Face 

The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser

Ok, but I think I won't repurchase, at least not at the normal price. It did remove makeup, but I feel it didn't remove it as well as some other cleansers, it didn't remove grits, if any residue was left on my skin it broke me out (it doesn't rinse out clean), it didn't turn properly into oil like advertised and I just think considering The Ordinary's price level it is pricy.


Garnier Micellar Wash Gel

One of my staples. Using and repurchasing all the time.


Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet Mini

I do like this moisturizer, it is my second mini tube (first one came from advent calendar). Very light but very moisturizing, absorbs well. I'll repurchase at some point! I think my second tube didn't have as strong fragrance as the first one, but maybe I just got used to it. 


The Ordinary Pycnogenol 5%

I really like this multi tasker serum! It is moisturizing and calming after my skin got used to it, it felt warm in the beginning. Helped mostly with the redness. Already repurchased.


Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1%

Good, good stuff.


Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Sun Defence For Face SPF 50

Finally this is gone. I think this sunscreen is for very dry skin, it is super creamy. Not for me, didn't really work under any foundation (made everything break and not stick properly to skin), no white cast but still some layer, finish is not really oily but it is slimy, leaves shine. Slightly breaking me out, or at least my skin always looks worse after I've used it.


Missha Time Revolution White Cure Blanc Tone-Up Sun Protector SPF50+ / PA+++

I am a bit ashamed to say this cream was probably like 3-4 years old. And I even liked it - so how come I forgot it and let the rest of it expire? It has been discontinued now, but it was moisturizing and left no white cast. I actually did use the rest (1/3?) as a moisturizer only (don't think the sun protection was too good anymore) and it was still very moisturizing, made my skin smooth and didn't break me out so I guess sometimes it is ok to use expired stuff if you dare. I actually think I might have an unopened back up bottle somewhere, too!


Laneige Water Bank Mineral Skin Mist Sample/Mini

Krhm, another oldie. I bought this in 2017! I wanted to try mists. But I guess they weren't my thing really. I don't need refreshment during the day, I am lazy. I'm not sure if I felt this mist was breaking me out or not, probably not badly but it also didn't do anything I guess. This mist had a strong perfume like fragrance, that still strangely disappeared within a minute! 


Kilig Double Moisturizing Eye Cream

Wasn't for me. Nice and lights and absorbed well, but it was irritating to my eyes which is not ideal for an eye cream. I used the rest on my face (nowhere near eyes). It was ok, not very moisturizing for that. Felt irritating a couple of times when I had put Differin first. 


Emma Hardie Moisture Boost Vit C Cream Mini

Felt clogging during summer, ok during winter. Very unlikely I'll ever repurchase, this came from Lookfantastic advent calendar. Old lady scent. Not bad, not super moisturizing, at least not so that it would warrant the name moisture boost.


Lumene Nude Perfection Glow Foundation SPF15 in 1 Classic Beige Kultahiekka

Tried my best to use this discontinued glow foundation... it is just not for me. Trash it goes. It is too dark and orange for me and it is very noticeable. I think it oxidizes a lot. It is for very dry skin, I felt it was too oily and just sat on my skin. The coverage is sheer (quite nice actually) and it wasn't buildable. I think it also broke me out. So in my opinion it is no wonder it is discontinued, but Lumene tends to use the same foundation formulas and just re-name/brand them so I'll have to be careful not to buy a similar foundation from them again!


Isadora Build-Up Extra Volume Mascara Waterproof Mini

Good mascara! The mini is discontinued though I believe. Haven't seen it around. I have a back up. Very waterproof and don't remember it smudging, at least not too much. Very hard to wash off, though. So that's why it is not ideal for everyday. Excellent mascara for travelling due to the minuscule size and waterproofness! I could get the the normal size as well maybe in the future if I need a waterproof mascara. But I do like my minis.


Body

Rexona Maximum Protection Antiperspirant Sport Strength

Good antiperspirant! Have many backups already for the next year. I hope I will not become "immune" to it yet. I feel my antiperspirants always stop working after a while - I've heard body might learn to resist them, of course I don't know the truth but I experience it!


Tosowoong Sun Block Natural Pink SPF 35 PA++

Actually a facial sunscreen but clogged me so bad. Smells so strong. So difficult to remove. So much whitecast. I used this on my hands when I went out but it was so annoying I didn't even finish and it is old and the trash can calls for it.


Hair

Philip Kingley Scalp Shampoo for Flaky and Itchy Scalp Sample (not in picture)

Ok, I think. I used two times from the sachet. Smells lightly like apple to me, texture like thick gel. Based on this sample and how pricy the shampoo is, unlikely that I'll purchase. Didn't feel like a miracle scalp cleansing shampoo but felt pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment