Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Shopping December

I am happy with my purchases during November/December, but I am incredibly annoyed about the shipping times. Ha. I never remember just how long it takes during christmas/black friday! Most of the stuff I had to wait for 3-4 weeks without working tracking numbers! Everything I bought cost me about 140 €. 

Also, more bad news for the new year on top of COVID19: Brexit has been completed and stuff from UK will get stuck in customs. But I guess it doesn't matter. When summer comes, everything from outside the EU will get stuck in customs in my country, no matter if it's only a 3 € purchase. All this might help me to stop shopping though! Because I always feel so bitter when paying extra. However some UK beauty stores have already said that nothing will change and they will take care of the duties - I wonder what that means. If it's true, I really appreciate the gesture as I was looking forward to shopping more for example on Cult Beauty.




SVR SUN SECURE Blur SPF50

SVR SUN SECURE Fluide SPF50+

SVR SUN SECURE Extreme SPF50+

SVR SEBIACLEAR Crème SPF50

SVR XERIAL 10 Lait Corps

SVR XERIAL Fissures & Crevasses

+ 3 Free Samples SEBIACLEAR Sérum, [A] Ampoule Lift, [PEPTI]BIOTIC

First time ordering from SVR's own website. The sale felt too good to pass... mainly because of the sunscreens! I am all set for the next year sunscreen wise as well! Unless everything else except Sun Secure Blur breaks me out. Ah, then I wish I would've just bought a pile of Blurs... 

Xerial line is SVR's urea lineup. They also looked nice based on ingredients, Fissures and Crevasses nourishing cream for cracks actually looks like I could throw it on my face as well... it has 5% urea. Also shea butter, babassu oil, and mineral oil, of course glycerin, so it sounds very much barrier repairing to me? If someone out there thinks I'll ruin my face by throwing hand and feet creams there, please tell me now... because I am way too curious.

My order cost about 55 €. The products were 30-40% off. Free shipping for orders over 50 € in the EU for most countries at least.

They say they ship orders within 48 h, if made during weekend or holiday, within 72 h. It took 2 working days to ship and I received my package in 14 working days. They do not notify you again when they ship, there was a link to the tracking number (that did work) on the order confirmation email. The package was pretty battered up when I finally received it. But all the products were fine.




Dermatica Prescription Tretinoin 0.025% / Niacinamide 4%

I am surprised that I found a site like Dermatica and they actually ship to my country! But, I have already read worried comments if the service is going to be UK only after Brexit is completed at the end of this year. So I guess it won't come to me as a surprise if they stop my subscription soon.

It took 16 working days to receive my package and it did not have a tracking number. Usually I guess it takes about a week to mainland Europe. Right now Dermatica is unable to ship outside UK because of the new COVID19 mutation restrictions. Also when and if they resume shipping, I wonder if the package will get stuck in customs and I will need to pay extra.

The first trial month is free, but you have to pay for shipping, which is a reasonable £2.90/3,2€. For Black Friday, the second month was offered -50% as well. 2 days after completing the consultation, the shipping was charged on my card and later that day I also got my treatment prescription, Tretinoin 0.025% / Niacinamide 4%, which is pretty much what I expected and I am happy with that. They included a treatment plan for 3, and 4+ months, and it was the same prescription and they said that it would continue the same unless I have a follow up consultation that indicates that my treatment needs to be changed. I don't imagine I want to go higher to 0.05%/0.1% tretinoin (which I believe are the other strengths they offer) any time soon. If everything goes fine, I consider continuing the subscription (unless Brexit kills it for me anyway) and maybe after a year suggest 0.05%.

The consultation meant answering to some questions about skin type, concerns, and uploading three photos of your face, from both sides and front. You could also ask some questions or write comments about your skin. They also want you to confirm that you use sunscreen, you are not pregnant and you use contraception. They also wanted to confirm the subscription by text message you had to reply to. I told them that I'd like tretinoin for anti-aging and mild but persistent acne concerns. For my concerns I had told them open pores, fine lines and dull skin, the first signs of aging. When they got back to me by email about my treatment, they addressed acne as my main concern instead of anti aging, probably because I identified it myself and because of my pictures (visible small spots). Also I clearly don't have hyperpigmentation. 



Benefit Cheekleaders Bronze Squad Palette 

La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Multi-Purpose Soothing Repairing Balm 

Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm

Feelunique order from Black Friday. This cost about 50 €, the Benefit palette cost only 35 €! That is the price for one normal size box blush so I do feel like it was a great deal, including Gold Rush (on my wishlist), Cookie and Coralista! I'm not a bronzer person so I'm not too interested in Hoola/Hoola Caramel but I looked at the swatches and I think I could easily pull off both colours shade wise if not too heavy handed. For some reason I find this Benefit palette exciting and Benefit products very cute!

For winter and for retinoid use, I also bought LRP Cicaplast Baume and Eucerin Aquaphor, they were also -30 % or so. They are cult classics, so... we shall see if I like them.

Feelunique shipped the order after 3 working days and they had sent an email earlier telling that it might take some time to ship due to large amount of orders. It took 12 working days to receive the package. The tracking number did not work.






Whamisa Deep Rich Toner Gift Box

Catrice Kaviar Gauche Highlighter C01 Glow Couture

Essence The Highlighter Luminous Glow 01 Mesmerizing

Head&Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo 1L

Tangle Teezer  Back-Combing Hairbrush Pink Embrace

Invisibobble Hair Ties POWER Pretzel Brown and BASIC True Black

Christmas gifts! 

Whamisa toner was such a surprise. I didn't expect anyone to buy me skincare, let alone Korean skincare. The packaging and bottles are just so, so pretty, like jewels. I hope the toner is going to work for me!

Highlighters are also very pretty and very different in tone, Essence is golden and Catrice rose pink. Catrice is glittery.

H&S is something I use anyway, I don't have to buy shampoo the next year. 


Bepanthen Balm

A-Derma Lip Balm Stick

+ Free A-Derma Dermalibour Repairing Cream Mini (because I bought the other A-Derma product) and 2 samples Cerave and Vichy

Bepanthen is a basic repurchase. It is great for small wounds and scratches and for irritated and dry skin. A-Derma's lip balm was at the same time an impulse and needed purchase - I wanted a stick form lip balm on my bedside so that I don't have to stick my fingers into a jar in the middle of the night if my lips feel dry/I have forgotten to put lip balm before bed. Also there was this small Dermalibour Repairing Cream that you got if you bought anything from A-Derma so I chose A-Derma lip balm instead of another balm. The lip balm is not actually very good. But I really ended up liking the cream. It is thick, it has mineral oil, it feels occlusive and pleasant. It doesn't give you instant relief for e.g. irritated skin (like Bepanthen for me), but it works well overnight. For extremely dry hands it feels nice too, it doesn't sting. I never would have bought it on my own but I might consider it now.



Rexona Maximum Protection Sports Strength x4

Repurchases. Ordered from Notino because they had a free shipping campaign. Cost me about 20 €. I guess I am all set for the next year. :) And now I have to stop looking for a new and better antiperspirant and hope that I will not become immune to Rexona too soon. Notino's Black Friday sales were pretty lackluster so usually better compare the prices and order during free shipping. Shipping was quite fast (a week maybe to receive?) and everything packaged well, just like last time I ordered from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment