Wednesday, June 14, 2023

What cosmetics I packed for a week in Malaga

Just visited Malaga, Spain and stayed for a week in June. Sadly didn't have time to do cosmetics shopping but it's alright, I find Malaga a place where the main point is to just enjoy your surroundings! I definitely recommend enough time to just hang out on Gibralfaro and buying Bonobus card from a kiosk. It was only around 10€ for 20 trips incl the card itself! I have been trying to practise Spanish with Duolingo for a couple of months but failed to speak more than gracias, hola, yo bebo agua, cafe con leche por favor! Maybe next time? I must search for other material to learn... If I remember right, it took me closer to 6-8 years of studying before I felt confident speaking English! I must not let my fear of failure to stop me from learning Spanish.

Anyway, it was very warm and humid. The temperature was around 25 C, but the humidity and sun makes it feel hotter. For my oily skin, I did not need any moisturizer and no matter how much I powdered my face, the oils/sweat came through within minutes... 

Oh, my eye lashes looked great during my stay! It seemed like the humidity made them look plush and curled??? Also, my Depend Gel IQ Nail Polish stayed looking perfect all week and no nails have chipped/cracked. I also feel I lost less hair during my stay. So my body likes humid air even though it can feel suffocating.

I did not burn at all and did not even tan. So, modern chemical sunscreens are great, even though you would be sweating!

I bought Ifa Unnia Spray Protector Solar Niños Factor 50+ Resistente Agua to be my body sunscreen. It's a spray, and the nozzle got clogged almost immediately and just made a mess everytime I used it afterwards! Otherwise, it's a nice sunscreen. Not much scent. Cost about 4-5 € for 200 ml. Didn't feel disgusting on skin and no white cast. Easy to layer and no pilling.


Wanted to show you the gel polish as well... I have done Depend Gel IQ nails only a couple of times and it looks okay to me, you don't have to be a professional to get a decent long lasting result! Sparkle On Darling is such a delightful sparkly shade and can't wait to use it on top of other more opaque ones! After I started using nail oil (just a cheap one from Essence: The Nail Care Oil) my nails have significantly grown with less breakage as well... Took maybe two months? 


Products I packed (I might want to revisit this list the next time I travel):

Some of the products, not all the little decant bottles though.


Vichy Capital Soleil UV Clear Anti Imperfections Water Fluid SPF50+

Dior Backstage Face&Body Foundation

I am very happy with the combination of these two. They held beautifully together. I was oily and sweaty by the end of the day, but my base wasn't cracked anywhere! I applied first Vichy sunscreen in two layers to get adequate protection, then used a damp sponge to blend Dior foundation in light layers, concentrating on the T-area. I got a light, natural, dewy finish.


Lumene CC Powder

Innisfree Matte Mineral Setting Powder

I like both powders, I applied Lumene quite heavily first and a light dusting of Innisfree afterwards. I also later applied Innisfree again, because it is effective, light and applies nicely on top of sweaty skin. It's white so it will leave a cast if used a heavy hand.


L'Oréal Paris Life’s a Peach Blush Powder

L'Oréal Paris Back to Bronze Bronzing Powder

Good staples for me! Bought both for 5€ each, so not the end of the world if they get shattered during a trip (but they are sturdy so not likely to happen). The shades are great, multipurpose for whole face. 


Makethemake Tripeptide-1 Lash Lift Mascara 

Got2be 4 brows and edges Brow Gel Mascara

Nars Lipstick Rosecliff

I just took any mascara I had opened and works ok. Got2be Brow Gel Mascara is great! The hold is amazing. I just bought it before the trip. I must admit it didn't feel quite as strong in Malaga as it does in Northern Europe, but it did not fail me either. Nars Rosecliff is my perfect nude, also it is a slightly dry formula so it lasts for a bit on lips. It's also a good blush color, but I did not use it as a blush this time.


Garnier Micellar Wash (Decant)

Head&Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo (Decant)

L'Oreal Beach Spray (Decant)

Banila Co Clean it Zero Cleansing Balm Purifying Mini

Exuviance Triple Microdermabrasion Face Polish Mini

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream Mini

Rexona Maximum Protection Sport Strength Antiperspirant

Some basics! Can't fit too much in 1L bag. Didn't use much the Kiehl's cream, but took it because it was almost finished mini jar. Used the Exuviance scrub a couple of times, it was also small enough to not take too much space. But still enough to keep my face in check. Banila Co cleansing balm was nice to have for the first cleanse, but I could have done without it as well. Rexona antiperspirant worked for me also in hot Malaga! Granted I didn't actually go hike or anything super hard to test it. I felt I would have liked to have a scalp scrub or something on top of Head&Shoulders Shampoo. L'Oreal Beach Spray did help freshen up my flat hair a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment