Monday, September 9, 2019

Mineral Makeup Powder Foundation Comparisons / Swatches


I have never used mineral powder makeup before. I did look into them a bit when I was a teenager, but I felt like they weren't so readily available and quite pricy. Also, I was quite shy to try new things with my oily, acne prone skin... but the joke is, mineral make up possibly could have helped me!


Shortly my reasons for trying mineral make up products now:

1. Mineral makeup could still help me with my problem skin. The less extra ingredients, the less guessing game if something helps or causes problems.

2. My T-area is still oily so a powder product could still work for me.

3. A powder product doesn't expire so quickly. If taken a proper care of at least (no moisture, light, heat).

4. My skin tone and difficulties to find the right shade. I actually could mix some powders together to help create the shade I want, as long as they are the same kind of powders, I think. I don't know if it really works though but experimenting could be fun!

5. Travelling with powder products is easier than with liquid. They are not so heavy, they won't make a mess or take space in that tiny 1 liter plastic bag. They are also easier to decant in smaller jars.

6. So surprised how many brands do offer samples. I don't mind paying for them at all, just give me a chance to find my shade.

7. I have never tried mineral makeup powders and I am so curious! I thought they all would be the same stuff basically but there are so many different variations from loose to pressed and infused with skincare to just bare basics.

Reasons for hesitation:

1. Some people and their skin just don't deal well with mineral makeup powders. The powder doesn't set in or they can be sensitive to them. Don't really think this is going to be a problem for me though.

2. The shade matching. The most frustrating task. Can someone just do this one for me. Except that if someone would do it I would probably disagree just out of habit, I have been matched so many times badly.

3. Finding the formula I like the best. I know, I will feel like I have to test them all in case there's something better out there!

4. I have to decide what brush/brushes to buy. I don't have anything dense enough or a right size.

5. Availability, still. I don't think they are that pricy compared to how long powder products last, but the fact that I have to order everything, sometimes from abroad. But I don't mind as long as the customer service is great and the website works well.

6. How to buff the powder foundation on my face so that it doesn't rub all the sunscreen away?



Some brands I looked into:

Flow Cosmetics

8g/19,90€

Korento

10g/35€

Lily Lolo

Mineral Foundation SPF 15 10g/19,50 €
Sample size 0,75g/2€
18 different shades, different undertones: neutral, warm, cool, olive

Everyday Minerals

4,8g/24,90€

Bare Minerals

8g/33 €

Alima Pure



Lily Lolo Swatches



I decided to order the next Lily Lolo samples for a neutral/warm/light-medium skin: Blondie, Barely Buff, In The Buff, Warm Peach and Popcorn. I also ordered finishing powder samples in Translucent Silk, Flawless Silk and Flawless Matte.

I'm not actually sure which shade is the best for me! Blondie is too light but I think I could make all the others work. Barely Buff and Warm Peach are probably the best matches? When I do the other side of my face with Barely Buff and the other with Warm Peach, I can't tell the difference, really. Warm Peach is actually a surprise winner, it is peachy, not yellow (not like Popcorn at least).. Barely Buff has a lot more pink in it, when you look at the sample.

In the Buff has the most orange hue. Popcorn is the most yellow. Blondie is very neutral light and probably all people a shade or two lighter than me could use it.

The finishing powders all seem very pretty. The silks have this slight shimmer that is not shimmery when it's on my face, just looks natural and glowy. The matte one is actually matte.









No comments:

Post a Comment