Tuesday, August 6, 2019

L'Oréal Paris Stylista The Beach Wave Mist 200 ml Review


Ingredients:

aqua / water , magnesium sulfate , alcohol denat. , glucose , peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil , phenoxyethanol , benzyl salicylate , benzyl alcohol , maris sal / sea salt , citric acid , coumarin , hexyl cinnamal ,parfum / fragrance.

I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...



Thoughts:


If you spray a lot of product, hair turns crunchy

If you spray a lot of product several days in a row, yes it makes hair a bit dry - this is a salt mist with a lot of alcohol!

I don't recommend this one for dry, damaged hair

- If you think you can just spray The Beach Wave Mist and you immediately have curls... just no. (I read some negative comments about this mist where people complained it didn't give them curls!!?) You have to twist and work your hair, or make braids, or curl hair beforehand... and if you don't have wavy hair to begin with or your hair is heavy, long, extremely straight... you have to work harder to achieve the waves/curls and maybe you will not even get the same result

- Might cause reactions to fragrance sensitive people

The mist could be finer but this is maybe nitpicking



Creates great natural texture and fullness, on a short hair at least

Quite a lot of hold, hair stays nice all day, doesn't go fully flat at any point

Doesn't make hair heavy, oily, or slimy at all: I can freely spray it on the roots and ends both

Mild fragrance, quite pleasant (however my sister/mom both said it lingers and makes their noses stuffy/irritated, I didn't smell anything at all at that point!)

Doesn't tangle my hair, easy to wash off

My hair still has texture the next day and it's not dirty looking at all if I haven't washed my hair in the evening

Very quick to use, dries quickly

+ The bottle has a good design, sprays a nice amount at a time and the lock system works well



* My hair type is a lot of very, very thin hair strands. My hair is very flat, but it has some wave to it when it's short. Not frizzy nor silky. Currently it's dyed, but not bleached. When it was long (butt length) it was straight and didn't hold a curl more than an hour or two unless I used a full bottle of hairspray. I tried to find out my hair type, but it seems my hair is a mix of 1A, 1B and 2A! My scalp is oily but usually in balance when treated right. I did have some time ago extreme oiliness and itchiness, so I think I'm prone to fungal infections. I'm not very keen on products that make my hair or scalp even more oily or heavy.

I use L'Oréal Paris Stylista The Beach Wave Mist just by spraying it on my hair while leaning my head down first, to get texture everywhere, then I get up and spray more while lifting and crunching/twisting the top part of hair. This ordeal takes maybe a minute, or two. It gives me great volume and some waves.

This is my first salt mist so I can't compare it to other similar products. I am interested in trying other salt mists/beach wave mists or other mists offering texture. I feel like I have seen the light that solves my hair problems.



Price: 

6,50 € / 200 ml

Bought from: 

Supermarket

Buy again? 

Yes.

Worth the money? 

Yes! I'm so surprised, so happy I've found something that suits my everyday lifestyle, is very affordable and easy to find. I think I've used The Beach Wave Mist 2-3 months? And I'm now about half way the bottle. Great product if you are looking for something like this, for me the mist has completely replaced ordinary hairsprays! And if you don't have too destroyed and dry hair or scalp, of course. Don't know how the mist performs with thick, coarse, silky or long hair though.

No comments:

Post a Comment