Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Current Favourites, Shopping and Empties

Current Favourites

I haven't done before these posts! I saw some bloggers were making monthly favorite posts and it made me think, maybe it would be helpful for me too to put down some things I find interesting from time to time. Be it a new discovery or an old flame.



The Ordinary Pycnogenol 5%

Pycnogenol is antioxidant and derived from the pine bark of the French maritime pine trees. I have only tested this one for a week, and I don't really know what I'm seeing, but it does something. I get a feeling like it's niacinamide serum and tea tree oil combined kind of results? Very strong too, I really suggest mixing it with something in the beginning.


Laneige Water Sleeping Mask

I bought a sample jar a long time ago because I heard it was popular. Took a look at it, was "meh, nope" and put it away. Now I actually tried it and it's pretty nice! Consistency is a bit like Caudalie's Moisturizing Sorbet, very light gel-like cream and it turns watery on skin contact. Seems to work either on its on or on top of another moisturizer. Also my skin seems to like it.


Neulii BHA PHA 5.5 Peeling Pads

Good pads, I really feel like they are supporting my other skincare routine, doing a bit of everything.


The Ordinary Squalane

I guess I've been praising squalane a lot ever since I found it existed but is there anything else that versatile, easy, soothing and safe?


Nizoral 20 mg Shampoo

After having a possible fungal acne attack this year after getting sick, I gave in and bought Nizoral. After starting to weekly wash my hair with it and having about 10 minute scalp masks, my scalp and roots have felt so fresh and light, it's unreal. My scalp itchiness is gone, I can wash my hair every other/third day again (while it was at the worst I felt I had to wash twice a day, so disgusting). My oily dandruff is almost gone.


L'Oréal Paris Stylista The Beach Wave Mist

I had never tried beach wave/salt sprays before and I'm so impressed. Super easy and quick to use to get texture for a short hair, a lot better than hairspray for a natural everyday look! The scent is fresh and very light too. Doesn't make hair/scalp slimy or sticky like a cheap hairspray can do.


Nail polish in general

Been doing my nails for months in a row now. My current favorite polish is Essie's Leggy Legend that is the most beautiful warm copper and it flatters my skin tone perfectly. I found some questionable colors in my stash and tried them too, like mint and orange topped with Essie's Sparkle on Top, that is also my favorite top coat with glitter chunks.


Shopping

I wanted to treat myself and buy some affordable makeup to experiment with! I think I'm having an existential crisis.  I was prepared to go for Essence mainly but Catrice stand was right next to it...


Catrice limited edition Kaviar Gauche and Blush Box. Such beautiful colours.

From top to bottom: Catrice #peeloff Glam Effect, Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer and H&M Beauty Nail Polish. 


Catrice #peeloff Glam Effect Nail Polish in When In Doubt, Just Add Glitter

Catrice ICONails Gel Lacquer in All That Glitters Is Gold

I couldn't decide which Catrice nail polish to get. Haven't tried peel off polishes yet! I wanted something cheap and versatile.


Catrice Kaviar Gauche Blush & Glow

Catrice Kaviar Gauche Blotting Powder

I love the gold packaging! They are so cute. I definitely recommend them both. The Blush & Glow palette couldn't be more perfect. Both shades are versatile and look amazing on me.


Catrice Blush Box Burgundy

Pretty burgundy, surprisingly dark and muted colour. Quite pigmented and stays put super well! Tried it even as an eye shadow. But, I think brighter red suits me better. The plastic box is very cheap and squeaky and probably going to break soon.


Catrice Lash & Brow Designer

The brush feels very precise. Very natural look. Not sure yet if actually useful.


Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in Rosy & Goldie

Not for oily eyelids sadly. Trying to make it work. The shade is very natural, brightening the skintone kind of look. Not sure how I feel about it yet.


H&M Beauty Nail Polish in Friday Night

Matched my other purchases. A bit regret - not that good quality, but the colour is very pretty and unique.


Redken Beach Envy Volume Texturizing Shampoo

I like Redken. Shampoo was on sale.


L'Oréal Paris Elvital Extraordinary Clay shampoo 

Elvitals are good for the price in general. Apparently not very much clay in this shampoo. Bummed I can't find Phytoclear Anti-Dandruff anymore easily. Is it just the stores around here (small town) or have they reformulated or discontinued, what???


Empties

I have finished quite a lot of things lately and been too lazy to throw the packages away "in case I can still squeeze a drop out miraculously". Plus I need to wash the glass bottles for recycling. Usually I do throw out trash immediately so that's why I haven't thought about doing empties posts earlier.




Not amazing, not bad, works, affordable. I've used two bottles on the side of other higher SPF products.



I ended up using this sunscreen for afternoon re-applying as it doesn't work with makeup well. Felt refreshing and didn't mess up my face that way. The watery texture is unique but after all not always very practical.



In fact, two bottles of squalane! Usually I avoid opening up too many items at the same time. I wonder what happened.



Been using less rose hip lately but it's still a staple.



I use niacinamide a lot. New bottle every three months usually. What would happen if I stopped for a while?


Maybelline Gentle Remover Acetone Free Nail Polish Remover

Veeery old bottle. Not big fan, didn't destroy nails and is quite gentle, but takes a while to get the polish off with it. Not good at removing glitter stuff. And I still have another bottle left, probably bought at a 2 for 1 sale.



A staple. Gone through probably twenty bottles during all these years.



Always works. Used probably over ten bottles.



Good shampoo, I've used two bottles. Works even without zinc pyrithione. Good for oily scalp but not for a possible persistent fungal acne or itching it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment