Tuesday, August 29, 2017

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% 30 ml Review




Ingredients:

Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin


I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...





Thoughts:

Sometimes causes pilling in combination with other products

I'm not sure if I should wait for it to dry or just continue my routine while it is still wet: I feel like I get different end result every time no matter which way I do

When applied to damp skin, makes weird "foam"

- Because it's difficult to predict if it's going to pill or not, I rather use it only during nights

Causes massive pilling with The Ordinary's Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10% (which causes pilling on its own too)



A miracle worker! After only 3 days of using this serum, I notice a difference

Also when I leave it out for couple of days, I notice the difference and I want to immediately add it back

My skin seems brighter, the tone/texture is more even, maybe less sebum as well (of course nothing has drastically changed but many small things together make it seem so, it's an overall feeling of "hmm my skin seems to be doing well")

No fragrance

No irritation no matter how often and how much I put it on

Feels even slightly moisturizing

Easy to spread and pat into skin, watery liquid consistency, the "foam" also disappears quickly

Doesn't leave skin sticky



* If the results I have gotten stay or improve, I shall never stop using this product (... unless some other Niacinamide product works even better)

Bottle lasted me about 2,5 months

I can't believe I didn't try this one earlier! Now I will always favour products with niacinamide on the top of the ingredients list

I think I have said before, I quite like dropper bottles as it's easy to drop the amount I want straight to my face and hygiene is not a huge problem as these small 30 ml bottles last only a couple of months

It's a little annoying to go to The Ordinary's website to buy more, and usually the one thing you want is always out of stock - so you postpone your order - after two weeks, that thing is in stock, but another one isn't! Just ranting because this happened when I went to buy more Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%



Price: 

5,90 € / 30 ml


Bought from: 

The Ordinary website


Buy again? 

Yes and yes, I will buy a back up bottle(s) as well.


Worth the money? 

Absolutely, for this price it's a great deal and even a steal!

No comments:

Post a Comment