Sunday, July 28, 2024

Current Favorites

I choose my favorites however and whenever I like! 


Avene Cicalfate+ Repairing Protective Cream

Calming evening moisturizer after acids/retinoids etc. Feels protecting, doesn't clog my skin. Unscented. Not for day time use because it is quite heavy and leaves whitecast (due to zinc). 

Really trying to lean on to classic skincare that will not be discontinued in a year or two. I have already repurchased!

Btw the cult classic La Roche Posay Cicaplast didn't work for me, so I almost wrote off all protective creams. But this Avene and also A-Derma Barrier Cream are great. I just also bought Uriage Bariederm Cica Cream, looks like a very similar product (zinc, copper, mineral oil based, magnesium sulfate...).


Dr Levy r3 Cell Matrix Mask

I am not a mask person because you have to dedicate time for them. But I do admit, that Dr Levy mask really calms my skin. I usually try to keep it on for half an hour. But I have forgotten and had it on for an hour as well and there's no harm. It is white thick cream so it stays on well, no dripping or mess, I can comfortably do other things.

I got this mask from Skincity Advent Calendar. I never would have bought it myself - 80 € for 50 ml! But it is a great mask and I'll do my best to finish it before it expires.


Maybelline Sky High Mascara Cosmic Black

A great mascara. This is actually all I wanted Clinique's Lash Power to be. Easy to apply for natural or fuller lashes, doesn't flake or smudge and easy to wash off. 

Waterproof Sky High Mascara is also amazing, super waterproof, super smudge proof (tested in snow storm). But it just won't budge when you try to actually remove it! So the normal Sky High is better for everyday wear.


Wishtrend Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water

Finally got around to testing this toner/essence/whatever! Very nice, very gentle, yet I feel it is effective. I use it on a cotton pad in the morning. I think I'll repurchase the bigger bottle. This mini came from Skincity Advent Calendar.

Because I don't need this product to perform any serious exfoliation action, 5% mandelic acid is better for me than, let's say, 10% from The Ordinary. Wishtrend is such a no-brainer and easy to use, no fear of overdoing it.


Morocconoil Treatment Light Oil

Would have bought the original oil instead of light but that value bottle was already sold out! But no fear, the light version feels and smells the same. It has the same ingredients as well, probably just in different amounts. I do think it doesn't quite perform the same as OG for dry hair, but for me this works great.

I really like how Morocconoil Treatments apply and smell. It doesn't feel too oily, absorbs nicely to hair, also the scent is not overpowering, it is just nice and warm. For the most damaged hair, this hair oil is not enough (like when I had a curl permanent) but for my current situation it is a great addition!

No comments:

Post a Comment