Thursday, July 19, 2018

The Ordinary Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% 30 ml Review




Ingredients:


Aqua (Water), Ascorbyl Glucoside, Propanediol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethanolamine, Isoceteth-20, Xanthan gum, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Ethoxydiglycol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...




Thoughts:


It took a little bit of time for my skin to get used to AGS, for whatever reason. It would make my skin dry and irritated when used during the same/next day of using acids (salicylic, glycolic) or regularly. So it's not the most gentle vitamin c product for sensitive skin.

Generally it doesn't pill if you use little, but with certain products and generously used... yeah, might happen.

I don't know if it helps with sun spots, PIH, PIE... or any darkened areas of the skin. I have only noticed the visible inner brightness, clearness, but not really change in my acne marks.



TO's AGS really does brighten the skin; not an overnight miracle obviously but a slight inner glow.

Also, it smoothes the skin, feels like it chemically exfoliates as well... pores look smaller. Smoother. Face feels softer. I made my fiance try this too, he has huge pores and rougher skin, I saw results in a week. (But it's because he does so little to his skin normally. Still pretty amazing.)

So, a multitasker product! Could to be used instead of acids etc if you're lazy or away from home or your skin needs a break from harsher products!

Absorbs fast, watery serum. A little is enough. (Might pill.) Color is very faint yellow.

No fragrance.

Ascorbyl Glucoside is a stable vitamin C derivate so it doesn't go bad so quickly.

Doesn't break me out... probably good for acne/clog prone skin. Then again I'm not slathering it on several times a day, not even everyday!





* I've been very happy with The Ordinary's Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution after the beginning where it was most likely my own fault for trying many harsh products at the same and it caused problems. Now I've been using is constantly for about 1-2 months? And once in a while before that. I don't have much to complain about!

I do think my skin likes vitamin C, I've been a bit unsure about its importance and haven't been committed to it before. I think I was wondering if TO's MAP was breaking me out a little earlier, I don't know, but its silicony pilling texture wasn't very nice to use. I can now say for 98% sure that AGS doesn't break me out.

I want to try The Ordinary's Ethylated Ascorbic Acid 15% Solution next even though it costs 18 € compared to AGS at 12,90 €. But AGS feels like a safe choice and I really like it!

EDIT: My review for The Ordinary Ethylated Ascorbic Acid 15%



Price: 

12,90 € / 30 ml

Bought from: 

The Ordinary webstore

Buy again? 

Maybe-Yes! I seriously consider it. At least if nothing else works for me or doesn't give me the same results.

Worth the money? 

Yes, very good price quality ratio. Visible results, at least if you haven't been using other vitamin C/brightening products. Bottle lasts probably 4-6 months? 


No comments:

Post a Comment