Saturday, January 26, 2019

The Ordinary Ethylated Ascorbic Acid 15% Solution 30ml Review




Ingredients:


Propanediol, Ethyl Ascorbic Acid.

I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...




Thoughts:


Might leave a slight oily feeling to skin, especially if too much is used. I can feel it when putting other products on top.



Positively surprising to see and feel the difference immediately between AGS and EAA! I guess EAA is stronger or works differently, because my skin has been even softer! But the overall softness (and plumpness/good condition) is the biggest thing I noticed under a week of using.

No stinging or irritation. Just a bit of a warm feeling that's gone in a couple of seconds. After some time (month? Two?) I don't always even feel that.

Didn't feel any dryness. (Even when used twice a day.)

Feels oily (like squalane) so it's easy to spread. Still didn't affect makeup.

Smells like warm sugar.

No breakouts. Just improvements! Good for dry, sensitive, acne prone skin?



EAA is a lot like squalane oil, clear, runny, oily.


* I've been using The Ordinary's Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution for a while (just almost finished the bottle, took 5 months?) and started to slowly switch myself to this product (every other day at first). But now I've been using EAA for months, I'm half way through the bottle.

I'm at a loss what to say about this product - yes, I love it. Not much anything negative.

If I compare TO's AGS and EAA, EAA gives better results and irritates my skin less even though there's the initial warmness when applying, with AGS it doesn't happen. But AGS is much more drying on my skin. AGS absorbs better/faster and leaves no oily feeling. Then again I'm not bothered by that, it goes away. Neither one of them affects my makeup. AGS is cheaper, 12,90 € vs. EAA 18,00 €. Neither one breaks me out. I like using both!

I still have The Ordinary's Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% somewhere unopened, should test that next! I hear it gives the best results but is also the most irritating on the skin so it already sounds like my skin will not tolerate it long. But who knows? My skin seems to like Vitamin C products. 



Price: 

18,00 € / 30 ml

Bought from: 

The Ordinary webstore

Buy again? 

Yes, very likely. At least if the stronger one doesn't work for me.

Worth the money? 

EAA 15 % costs a lot more than other vitamin C products from TO. However for me, and for other people with sensitive skin, it's certainly not a deal breaker seeing the results (well I keep repeating that but it's still not a miracle product obviously). But if your skin is not that sensitive and you have a tight budget, maybe the Vitamin C Suspension 23% at 5,80 € is a better deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment