Sunday, August 20, 2017

Korean Skincare Sample Reviews Part 2

Samples are neverending! So is my search for new exciting products that will transfer my skin overnight. One must never lose hope.


SCINIC Snail All in One Ampoule

Ingredients:

Snail Secretion Filtrate, Water, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Glycereth-26, Niacinamide, Trehalose, Adenosine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Illicium Verum Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Silk, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polyacrylamide, Dimethicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Carbomer, Laureth-7, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, C13-14 Isoparaffin, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Rh-Polypeptide-7


* Tried about 15 ml

* Consistency sticky gel

* Offered very pleasant and also very annoying surprises

* Smells so so strong, cheap perfume, the whole bottle was literally reeking, poisoning the room

* However after using this for couple of weeks made me less sensitive to the smell

* Doesn't irritate

* Hydrates very well!

* Absorbs in a minute or two

* Calms skin down

* I definitely think this lives up to the promise of All in One

* Very economical price

* Wondering if I should buy the whole bottle despite of the smell

* The bottle itself (I took my sample from the bottle I got for my mom) felt a bit cheap and had leaked during shipping

* Came with a spatula


COSRX Hyaluronic Acid Hydra Power Essence

Ingredients:

Hippophae Rhamnoides Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin,1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Ethyl Hexanediol


* Tried about 15 ml

* Feels like this is actually drying my face, especially if I put it straight after toner but also as a later step, it's weird because the weather/air is not dry at the moment (so that hyaluronic acid would just draw moisture out of my skin)

* I don't think I want to finish my sample bottle but I will try mixing the essence to other products

* No smell

* Clear liquid-like, absorbs fast

* I just don't feel it hydrates! And I can't see it doing anything else for my skin either


BENTON Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel

Ingredients:

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (80%), Propolis Extract (10%), Pentylene Glycol, Arginine, Allantoin, Betaine, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Cross Polymer, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose

* Tried about 15 ml

* Very gel-like consistency, quite pleasant

* No fragnance, doesn't smell of anything

* Doesn't irritate

* ... But also doesn't soothe the skin much in my opinion!

* Doesn't work instead or with another moisturizer because doesn't really hydrate or offer other benefits (being occlusive etc)

* Doesn't help with redness, pores, flare-ups

* Doesn't absorb very well however doesn't leave skin sticky either

* I remember I burned myself once in the sun and used some random pure aloe vera gel on the spots for several days and it didn't help with itchiness or redness so maybe aloe is just not my skin's thing (however Mizon's Snail Gel took slight sun burn redness away overnight but I don't know if I can compare as the burns weren't similar)



TONYMOLY Floria Brightening Peeling Gel



Ingredients:

Water Glycerin Quaternium-60 Propylene Glycol Carbomer Dipropylene Glycol Fragrance(Parfum) Phenoxyethanol Water Saccharomyces/Nelumbo Nucifera Ferment Extract Filtrate Disodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Ascorbic Acid Pearl Powder Caprylyl Glycol 1,2-Hexanediol Pentylene Glycol Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract Lactic Acid Serine Sodium Lactate Sorbitol Urea Prunus Mume Fruit Extract Sodium Chloride Allantoin Citric Acid

* Tried 1 sample

* First time using a peeling gel that looks like you are clearing a lot of dead skin off

* Had a faint neutral cosmetic scent

* Didn't feel like it was overly drying my face but my face still wasn't feeling soft, maybe even slightly rough

* Of course can't comment on the brightening part

* Felt overall a bit "meh" but no irritation



COSRX Advanced Snail 92 All in One Cream

Ingredients:

Snail Secretion Filtrate, Betaine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic acid, Arginine, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Panthenol, Allantoin, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Ethyl Hexanediol, Adenosine, Phenoxyethanol


* Tried 1 sample

* Pleasant consistency, looks thicker but is like gel

* No smell

* I got one irritated spot immediately after putting the cream (not pimple or rash)

* Next morning my face looked really nice and fresh

* Moisturizes very well considering it's gel-like and light

* I got all excited about the cream before the irritated spot, don't know if I dare to order the cream but the results were otherwise above all my expectations

* I hope I get more samples to help me decide!



TONYMOLY Banana Sleeping Pack



Ingredients:

Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Beeswax, Petrolatum, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Dimethicone, Betaine, Urea, PEG-100 Stearate, Polyacrylamide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Dimethiconol Ethylhexylglycerin, Laureth-7, 1,2-Hexanediol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum, Cl19140, Cl 15985


* Tried 2 samples

* Smells like banana yoghurt, personally I find it disgusting

* The smell disappears quickly, in 2-3 minutes

* Looks very thick but spreads and absorbs well

* Leaves skin sticky, similar to other sleeping masks (like the Body Shop's Bouncy Sleeping Mask)

* Feels nice and decent, had to check the price point, about 10 dollars / 85 ml sounds quite tempting but the smell...


No comments:

Post a Comment