Friday, September 1, 2017

Pirkka Sun Cream Aurinkovoide Sensitive SPF 20 UVA + UVB 200 ml Review




Ingredients:

Aqua, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Octocrylene, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Hydrogenated Dimer Dilinoleyl/Dimethylcarbonate Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Ethylene Brassylate, Heliotropine, Phenethyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate

I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...




Thoughts:



- SPF 20 is not the highest protection but good enough for me

- The product has UVB and UVA protection but it doesn't say the level of UVA protection, probably not very high either

- I think it's caused me small bumps on my arms and neck, but with good cleaning and having days when I don't put the sunscreen, they go away and don't get worse

- It is annoying to wait sometimes for the sunscreen to dry, especially if I'm in a hurry and I have to touch things with damp hands



+ Cheap

+ Easy to spread, creamy

+ Doesn't leave skin sticky, feels only a little "damp" for ten to fifteen minutes

+ Doesn't make my skin feel dry (no alcohol), almost feels moisturizing

+ Waterproof

+ Doesn't leave a white cast (chemical sunscreen)

+ Works well protecting against sunburn, I didn't burn or get any redness when using this in +30 C sun and being out all day (I did reapply but only every 4 hrs or so), however I'm not very prone to burning, just tanning, and I barely even tanned during my trip



* The bottle (200 ml) lasted me a whole summer, so about 3 months, including all the trips to more sunny countries where I applied it more generously and more often (maybe according to some people I don't use enough, but summer's been so cold, that I have been wearing long sleeves etc)

* I haven't dared to use it on my face and probably will never take that risk

* Smells like grandma's lotion, fake flowery, not really good or bad in my opinion, even though it lingers

* Good things about this sunscreen out weight the bad ones, like the bumps 

* Maybe the reason I can use this chemical sunscreen is, that it's only SPF 20 (not so much active ingredients) and no alcohol, and of course that I use it only for body



Price: 

About 6 € / 200 ml

Bought from: 

Citymarket

Buy again? 

Maybe, I mean, I already did repurchase but I would be open to try something else when the current bottle ends.

Worth the money? 

Yes, this was probably the cheapest one I was able to find without alcohol. It's not unpleasant to use and is also waterproof. I read somewhere that for protecting from sun, these inexpensive options are just as good as luxury ones. The bottle lasts a long time too. Good for everyday use.

No comments:

Post a Comment