Saturday, September 23, 2017

Neutrogena Visibly Clear Blackhead Eliminating Toner 200 ml Review


Ingredients:

[PR-013490] Aqua, Alcohol Denat., PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Glycerine, Salicylic Acid, Menthyl Lactate, Potassium Lactate, Sodium Citrate, Parfum.

I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...


Thoughts:

If used everyday, makes my skin dry

Most of the product is water and alcohol denat

If I have painful blemishes/irritated skin/have been picking my face (yes I'm sorry) this toner stings

- Doesn't help with blackheads/sebaceous filaments like it states in the name

- Sometimes makes my skin slightly red/irritated if I put it on already dry and irritated skin but I don't do it anymore



So, this toner has so many negatives... why do I still use it? First bottle I bought a long time ago to fight blackheads and oiliness and noticed that this alcohol bomb cleans skin so, so well!

Has salicylic acid (but probably not right pH to actually exfoliate?)

Has helped with oiliness, pores and overall condition of skin if not overused

Perfect cleaning toner to take to travels when it might be a challenge to take care of skin due to time or other limits

Has a short list of ingredients and not over ambitious use of plant extracts and yeasts and whatnot that leaves me guessing which one hates me

Cheap, lasts forever because can't be used everyday



* Everytime I use this toner I sight to myself that I have to find something less irritating but as effective but it's not easy to test new things

It's also difficult to give up things you've been using a long time even though they might not be the perfect choice anymore

Neutrogena as a brand seems to be quite cheap and reliable, at least I have never been disappointed in their products, then again in my country it's quite limited what you can get, compared to USA for example



Price: 

About 6 € / 200 ml

Bought from: 

Anywhere

Buy again? 

Maybe?

Worth the money? 

Well, it doesn't do what it says it does, but it's not a waste of money either. I have repurchased it several times so it must kinda be or I'm an idiot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment