Saturday, April 30, 2022

Empties Since March 2022

Empties from March to April so two months. I obsessed over using my samples so... My empties are mainly samples. Now I feel bad for my bottles that haven't received any love. I also feel bad for my face because it doesn't like adapting to new things everyday and becomes unpredictable.


Face

A pile of samples

My goal was to finish at least 20 sample pouches and I finished 36 if I counted right... One sample has 1-2 ml of product usually so that makes 36-72 ml of product! That is quite a lot. Most of my samples are expired but I am experimental so I didn't care, lol. Hoarding the samples is not smart so in the future I am going to use all samples immediately.

My favorites were maybe It's Skin WH Effector (discontinued), Holika Holika Smooth Egg Skin Peeling Gel, Skin Regimen Cleansing Cream, Etude House One Shot Morning Gel Cleanser (discontinued), ... I liked quite many of them! Others were non memorable or broke me out!

I still have samples (old and new) so my next goal is at least 20 samples again.


Sheetmasks: The Saem Natural Potato, Charcoal, Tea Tree, Juicyful Calming Energy Care Hibiscus

I have completely forgotten that sheet masks exist. So, I try to use the lot that I found in my drawer. They are nice when you are very dry or using a treatment that makes your face peel etc but they are too bothersome for everyday kind of use and do not offer special benefits. Especially considering the price and waste.

My favorite was The Saem Natural Charcoal. Probably discontinued product line anyway!


Garnier Ambre Solair Anti-Dryness Super UV with Glycerin SPF50+ 

Nice sunscreen! No white cast, doesn't break me out, however shiny. Good that I finished it before summer though, I want to explore more drying options now. Definitely don't need a moisturizer with this one, not even during winter usually. Might repurchase later on if it is still available.


Body

Garnier Ambre Solaire UV Water Spray SPF30

Aye, I think I bought this sunscreen in 2019. Half used. I just didn't like it very much in the end... I don't mind using expired products as I do not think they go bad immediately, but this 2022 would be the 4th summer for this SPF and I have to draw the line somewhere! (I do not use body sunscreen during winter. No point with all the winter clothes, hats, scarves, coats and gloves etc. plus the sun just doesn't even go up for several months!)


Rexona Maximum Protection Sport Strength Antiperspirant

Another one. Been my staple for a while. Anxiously waiting for it to stop working. I have a few backups.


L300 Cleansing Milk

This is for face but I finished it using for my body. It was difficult to get out of the bottle because it is so thick cream that the nozzle just gets clogged. Either you get nothing or a huge clump when you try to shake and squeeze. Barely cleansing at all. Just adding a layer of cream slime. But, I could see people with VERY VERY dry cracked irritated skin using this - but it has been discontinued along the other cheap basics from L300.


The Body Shop Frosted Plum Body Lotion

Yeaahh... oldie. Got as a gift with the Frosted Plum Shower Gel. The shower gel was nice and it's long gone! This lotion is moisturizing and absorbs nicely so nothing wrong with that... but... the fragrance. It is too much. In the beginning it was kinda nice, but it is sooo overpowering that even my partner begged me not to wear it to the bed because he couldn't breath and I myself got headache.


Samples: Eyenlip Salmon&Peptide Nutrition Neck Cream

No thanks, will not purchase. Too slimy for me and maybe got a reaction.


Hair

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Deep Conditioning Treatment Mini Mayan Vanilla & Orange Blossom

I really do like Elasticizer and I have repurchased (after getting a perm, before that this product was whatever). This one is from Lookfantastic Advent Calendar. The original is unscented, this one had a pleasant spicy warm scent. Are these scented ones limited editions? I also have the new Egyptian Jasmine & Mandarin but I find it a bit too strong, especially compared to Mayan Vanilla&Orange Blossom.


Philip Kingsley Elasti-Styler 5-in-1 Treatment

From LF Calendar as well. I did not care for the "old lady" scent but it was not strong. Ok product, somewhat moisturizing for dry hair. Not heavy at all, could use more, but wouldn't purchase, especially without a really good sale. I would just get more Elasticizer and use that as a leave-in mask (for my dry perm hair, for my "normal" straight oily hair I need nothing).


Living Proof 5-in-1 Styling Treatment 

Actually this one smelled really good. Fresh, fruity. Otherwise I must admit it didn't do much for my hair (tried it before perm and after). I got it from LF Calendar. However, I rarely do heat styling so maybe it is better suited for that. 


L'Oreal Preference High Shine Conditioner

Came with the home hair dye box. I do like this conditioner a lot even though the ingredients don't seem to be anything extra ordinary! Well, it works so it works! I also do like L'Oreal Preference hair dyes. I find them easy to use and the result was exactly what I wanted (at least this time) so it made me question if I should go to hair salon too often - I paid something like 12 € for the home dye and they would have charged me probably at least 80-100 € at the salon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment