Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Shopping from March to April

Believe it or not, I didn't purchase any beauty related things in March. I didn't purchase anything in February, either. I hadn't even put myself to no-buy because I thought it wouldn't work anyway. I have donated my shopping money instead. I think the world situation and the sadness and fear made my artificial wants disappear. If you are able to, please donate to Ukraine's cause.

From March to April I spent about 48 €. That means I have spent about 111 € in 4 months and had 2 shopping free months and it is true what they say: the longer you don't shop, the easier it gets. Or more like... it gets harder to place the orders because it is not a routine thing. Last year I had spent in the first 4 months 123 €. So, the beginning of the year is easier for me because I end up hauling the sales at the end of the year, but this year, I am going to change that!

By the way, Deciem has decided to discontinue some of their brands this year, like Hylamide (that I do like). I am actually a bit mad, first they raise prices noticeably and then discontinue the products that probably do not profit them enough. I do understand they want to focus on Niod and The Ordinary but currently those lineups do not offer what I have been using from Hylamide (SubQ Eyes, Cleansing oil, Vit C Serum). You really can't trust any brand, they always will discontinue or reformulate things or the whole brand will just stop existing. 


Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50 PA ++++  Rohto Mentholatum Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Essence Gold SPF 50+ PA++++ Sunscreen Review Swatch Swatches


Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50 PA ++++  Rohto Mentholatum Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Essence Gold SPF 50+ PA++++ Sunscreen Review Swatch Swatches

Swatch Swatches Review Asian J-Beauty Japanese Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50 PA ++++  Rohto Mentholatum Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Essence Gold SPF 50+ PA++++
Biore on top, a bit yellowish gel, SkinAqua on bottom, white lotion.
Both sunscreens dry down clear on me, Skin Aqua has a white cast for a minute or two before it disappears.

Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50 PA ++++

Rohto Mentholatum Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Essence Gold SPF 50+ PA++++

My first order from the European (located in Netherlands) Asian beauty webstore Little Wonderland. It seems at least half of the things are out of stock. Wonder if they have trouble stocking, or they do not carry those items anymore. But, they did have these two Japanese sunscreens I've wanted to try. Japanese beauty has been on my list to try next and summer is coming. 

Little Wonderland shipped my order the same day and I received a tracking number. It took two weeks to receive my package. It was well packaged. It was very nice not to worry about customs while getting Asian beauty products! They also included 4 sample sachets. I hope Little Wonderland expands their selection and keeps more stock in the future. 45€


Essence Blushlighter in Cassis Sunburst

Essence Blushlighter in Cassis Sunburst Swatch Swatches Blush Makeup
Highlighter side barely shows up on my skin alone but when mixed with blush side it does brighten the shade a lot!

Essence Blushlighter in Cassis Sunburst

Essence Blushlighter in Cassis Sunburst

This was an unplanned purchase, on sale 2,5 € because they are discontinued... The shade is lovely! Right there between pink, brown, peachy. Of course looking back, I did not need this blush.


Nivea Sun Face Sensitive Soothing SPF50  Basiron AC Wash Gel 5% Benzoyl Peroxide

Nivea Sun Face Sensitive Soothing SPF50

Basiron AC Wash Gel 5% Benzoyl Peroxide

These were gifts. I am actually trying Benzoyl Peroxide masks for my armpits and feet. There are studies that show that it is effective at killing bacteria (well that's why it is an acne treatment) but it also means it will kill bacteria that makes the sweat smell. Or at least many people have benefited from using Benzoyl Peroxide this way and I am interested if I can be one of them. So far I have used it as a 3 minute mask twice and it is not hot weather yet so the jury is still out. I did try it once on my face too. Holy yikes it is drying. Might try again during summer. I have started going to gym and I feel extra self conscious about sweating. Due to covid I haven't done exercise with other people in the same room for 2 years. I even hired a personal trainer because I feel so out of shape.

Nivea Sun Face Sensitive SPF50 is a good sunscreen, this is my second tube. My first one is finished soon. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I was wondering, are you going to do a more in depth review of these 2 sunscreens? I am really curious about them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the comment! Yes, I am planning to review Biore&Skin Aqua. Currently I haven't used them enough to really make up my mind about them other than they are ok. (Lately I have used mostly new Missha Aqua Sun SPF50+ PA++++, it works really well for my skin despite not being matte either!)

      But I was a bit surprised that many people describe Biore Aqua Essence drying, for me it is not at all. They also weren't "dry touch" on me, at least not immediately, the shininess disappears maybe one hour in wear time? Biore has stronger alcohol-perfume scent compared to Skin Aqua but both are fine for me, they are not overpowering at all. They have no white cast on me. Skin Aqua is definitely more moisturizing/heavier. I haven't tried them with makeup yet and haven't sweat in them so I don't know if they burn my eyes (usually chemical sunscreens do that for me). I haven't had breakouts with them so far. But I think I had higher hopes considering how much people praise them and Japanese sunscreens in general. :) So I did not immediately fall in love with them.

      Delete