Monday, February 28, 2022

Empties Since January 2022

My empties from January to February so two months. Halfway through February I realized I wasn't going to finish as many bottles as I wanted and switched to sample pouches for instant gratification! Also I had been itching to buy something (anything!) in the beginning of February and wanted to shop my stash every day to keep me in check. In the end I didn't buy anything beauty related in February. 

Again, I want to say that I would rather donate my shopping money to Ukraine and I wish other people would do the same. There are several charities you can donate to. You can support Ukrainian businesses and products. You can boycott Russian businesses and products. I don't want anything when I know there is war and people need necessities, shelters, peace and independence! Currently many hundred civilians and even a lot of children have been killed!



Face


Bioderma Hydrabio Gel Creme

Gel moisturizer. Don't know if I will repurchase. Sometimes, especially during hot sweaty summer it felt nice. Sometimes I felt like it was breaking me out or making my skin worse. So maybe it is just not moisturizing enough for other times. But it is not a bad product at all, great under makeup, absorbed well, no greasiness. Surprisingly strong fragrance though.

Avant Moisture Surge Overnight Treatment 

I really liked this moisturizer for the night. Really locks the hydration in and in my opinion felt and smelled luxurious. Not going to repurchase, price is crazy (80-100 € or so). This was in Lookfantastic Advent Calendar, they tend to try to up the value of boxes with overpriced stuff.


Dermatica Treatment Subscription Tretinoin+Niacinamide

I am using now several months old bottles, ha! It seems the cream doesn't expire as fast as the expiry date implies. Of course I am disgusting so I do not recommend you to do as I do. The cream felt still effective even 3 months after the date. Mind you, I store all my skincare/makeup in a dark, cool corridor shelf, I keep only the opened shower products and face cleansers in the bathroom where the moisture and warmness can get to them. When I have finished my last expired bottle, I will renew my subscription, it's been paused for now.


Missha Time Revolution White Cure SPF50 PA+++ Transparent Beige

My last bottle of this product! I had bought it as a back up long time ago. So I quite liked it! Like a high SPF sheer foundation. It has been discontinued now though.


Neulii BHA PHA Peeling Pads

Good gentle peeling pads! A tub lasted forever because I cut the pads into four pieces. I have repurchased. Not sure if they are still available... their price doubled at least. So I highly doubt they still exist when I am finished with the new tub.


Pile of samples

Some of my samples are already expired, I have just been hoarding them! I guess, I like getting them, but I am stressed to actually use them because my skin is slave to routine. Now I made myself a promise to use all samples as soon as I get any new. Not that samples are easy to come by anyway these days. Many are something I would have used during travelling in the summer of 2019, I had several trips booked... So I guess it also makes me a little sad to see them and think of all the adventures I might have had.

My goal was to use at least 10 sample pouches by end of the February. I ended up using 16. My goal is to use at least 20 during the next two months (I think I have left about 50?).


Body


Rexona Maximum Protection Sport Strength Antiperspirant

Yet another one of these! My staples.


Ceralan Shower Oil Cream

Basic shower product, have repurchased a couple of times. Maybe will repurchase again. Currently will use a face wash that I didn't like as a shower cream. 400 g of Ceralan costs about 15 € so I am thinking I could try a cheaper shower gel without fragrance from supermarket that I saw, it was 1 L bottle for 5 € (for comparison, 5 €/1 L vs. 30 €/800g for a basic shower product is a big difference). I often do get the feeling that a shower product is not cleansing enough so it is always a surprise!


Kicks Beauty Glowing Beauty Exfoliating&Tingling Mask

Super old face mask! I believe it was based on glycolic acid. It was too harsh on my face or at least my face always looked so much worse after use that I just didn't use the mask anymore! In the end I used it for feet&legs.


Prai Ageless Throat & Decolletage Creme

Funny, almost whipped cream consistency! That was nice. But I disliked the scent even though it wasn't strong. I felt it was too heavy and started to pill eventually. But I have oily neck so if I put there something it needs to absorb completely and be very light. I got this cream from LF calendar. In the end I used it for arms&legs.


Hair


Aveda Botanical Repair Strengthening Leave In Treatment

Got this from LF calendar. It was ok, I think. Not a fan of the minty/eucalyptusy scent. It was quite strong. Didn't notice much extra moisture or softness but hair was better after application than without, so there's that! Wouldn't repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment