Sunday, February 27, 2022

Shopping from January to February

From January to February so during two months I spent about 63 € on cosmetics. I must admit I had a hard patch in the beginning of February, browsing a lot of beauty stuff. It was so weird, I felt like I wanted to find something new to obsess over! Even though I have a box full of unopened things at home! In the end I didn't purchase anything in February.

Right now I don't even feel like purchasing anything, the situation in Ukraine is very bad and surreal, I never thought Russia would actually attack. I feel physically sick and urge people rather to donate to Ukraine's cause than shop cosmetics. Just a few years ago I worked with Ukrainian girl and we ended up discussing politics and she strongly expressed her worry over her country and she just knew something would happen eventually. I hope she and everyone else are safe and get the help they need and this situation will be rightfully solved soon without Russia completely and unnecessarily destroying Ukrainians' beautiful country. 



All orders made during January planted a tree.

Lethal Cosmetics Charity Singles:

Professor Patch

Meekha

Mercredi

When I saw these singles, I couldn't help myself, I just went and bought them. They are very, very pretty, and they will compliment my custom palette!  29 € including shipping. I am not sure if they are limited. 100% of the profits are donated to animal charities Born Free and Gut Aiderbichl in Germany.

I do hope Lethal Cosmetics releases more special products in the future! Maybe marbled blushes next, with exxxxtra fine golden shimmer. And marbling with apricot, orange, yellow, peach, coral.

They have just released a new purple palette but purple shades are not my thing. The new pink multichrome single Allure looks pretty though. Unsure about buying more pink eyeshadow though, pink is so difficult color to pull off for me.


Marc Jacobs Daisy Love Eau So Sweet Eau de Toilette 20 ml

Burberry Her Eau de Parfum  7,5 ml

I wanted to try something new! I like mini sized fragrancies. I expected more mini sets for the holidays but nothing was released or just available last year. I think it is about time to try something from Marc Jacobs and Burberry and of course I went for sweet! 34 €.

Burberry Her is definitely a slight disappointment! Turns out it starts as a sickly sweet artificial strawberry and doesn't evolve for a long time. Reminds me of being a teenager and dousing myself in cheap strawberry-vanilla body spray. I had no idea I disliked strawberry note this much. Considering I really like raspberry+vanilla. Can't even smell raspberry here but like I've mentioned, I don't have a good nose. At least this perfume is something different from my usual purchases. Maybe the other Burberry Her scents like Eau de Toilette and Blossom would be more to my liking.

Marc Jacobs Daisy Love Eau So Sweet starts a bit too screechy for me, but when it dries drown I do like it. This is sweet and fruity and sugary in a right way for me... But definitely not elegant at all or everyday scent. It is very, very sugary. And raspberry. But it is not heavy so I do not get headache. I wonder if I would like other Daisies as well. I always try to test them when I get a chance in store but they are not very memorable!




Head&Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo 1 L

Bare Minerals Brush

Bare Minerals Brush

Blistex Sensitive Lip Balm

Dermosil Sea Salt Shampoo

These were gifts. Very useful! Bare Minerals brushes were found in random store (Rusta) for cheap. Wonder if the brand is going to fold this year because this is extraordinary for where I live, my country doesn't have anything like TJMaxx etc. Why would BM get rid of perfectly fine brushes? Never thought of trying these brushes before but they seem quite ok!

Blistex Sensitive is a good no frills lip balm, no scent, no color, soft, affordable... Probably will get another one.

Dermosil's sea salt shampoo is a purifying shampoo to be used every 1-2 weeks. It's like a scrub because you have to get the salt goo to melt against your scalp. But it really works! My scalp felt very clean, airy, zero itchiness afterwards. My hair felt really dry though, too, because it has been treated. But if I would have my natural oily hair I would wash my scalp with this at least twice a week to keep it clean! Excellent product so far but I'll try to limit my use to only every 2-3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment