Sunday, July 11, 2021

Current Favorites


Wet'n'Wild Color Icon Blush in Apri-cot in the Middle

I am shopping my stash regularly and picked up this blush again. And afterwards, used it everyday for a month! The formula and shade are both beautiful, don't let the cheap packaging trick you... The shade has been discontinued and I don't think the new Nude Society is the same. I feel tempted to buy Nude Society though, as WnW is affordable. 

Apri-cot in the Middle is a very natural shade, brightens up my face but doesn't stand out too much. It is easy to blend, buildable and very hard to f*ck up. Everytime I use it, I look great, no matter how much I am in a hurry. Usually I layer it 2-4 times, I tend to dip my brush very lightly into the pan. 

I also have Rose Champagne (also discontinued) and as a shade, it's very nice, but Apri-cot in the Middle is just miles better so in comparison Rose Champagne is blah.


I couldn't photo the swatches properly no matter how I tried... they look similar here, yet they are so different on face. Rose Champagne is clearly rosier. It disappear into skin more. I don't get the same brightening effect.


De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment

I don't know what I expected when I purchased the tiny tub of  sulfur ointment. But it actually works! I didn't like it as a wash off mask and it can burn the skin when applied generously. But as a spot treatment for night it makes wonders. I apply it a tiny bit before or after moisturizer depending how I remember and I am able to clear some stubborn weird stuff in a few days, near my hairline and on my nose where eyeglasses touch, also around my mouth where I sometimes get this "acne" that is not really acne because other treatments can make it just worse.

Sulfur smells really bad just in case you didn't know. And it lingers. And lingers. But it is worth it. If I felt headache or possible migraine coming, I would definitely not apply sulfur on my face!


Oskia Renaissaince Cleansing Gel

I am very pleasantly surprised by this cleansing gel. I got the mini from Lookfantastic Advent Calendar and "forgot it" (as usual). But it is a good one! It glides well on skin without tugging, it feels like an interesting mix of gel and oil and rinses off fairly well. Takes off daily light make up really well. Doesn't even irritate my eyes. It does leave residue on skin but I follow up with tiny bit of a regular cleanser (currently again Garnier Micellar Cleansing Gel). Has rose scent as well but I don't find it to be too much - I wonder if it is because my tube is getting old and even fragrance has deteriorated.

The price of Renaissaince Cleansing Gel is steep though. Around 18 € for the mini 35 ml, 40 € for 100 ml and 68 € for 200 ml. However I think the mini will last me around 3 months when used once daily (I think a small blob is enough at a time) so I am not too mad in case I want to repurchase some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment