Thursday, March 26, 2020

Failing to Only Repurchase Shopping

Everything here cost about 115 € (well the perfume set was about 48 € alone). Purchases from February to March, so 2 months. Repurchases 3, impulse buys 4, frivolous luxury 1!

P.S. I am aware of COVID-19 situation and been already 2 weeks self-quarantining. My country is in a lockdown. I realize I sound chipper in my blog posts but I'd rather not talk about corona here as I talk/think about corona all the time everywhere else.


Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink in 130 Self Starter

Veet Wax Strips

Garnier Micellar Gel Wash

First two were bought with a gift card but I still shouldn't have taken the lipstick. It is a very different shade from anything I have beforehand, it is very orange-red. It actually looks a lot brighter on my face than the swatches I've seen! Not that it's a bad thing, it is just a bit mind boggling how different everything can be depending on a person's skintone and lip pigment. I think it looks like summer shade, also it gives this artistic impression... Now that my own hair color is starting to show again (I had it dyed dark brown to get some contrast) I can see how muted/low contrast my own colours are. I think this explains why almost every lip colour is brighter on me than on other people, also why black looks strange near my eyes and dark eyebrow products look straight up black on me.

Wax strips were at least a much needed repurchase! So was Garnier Micellar Gel Wash. Veet seems to be changing their packaging all the time. But ingredient list looked about the same.




Geek & Gorgeous aPAD  20% Azelaic Acid Derivative Serum

I have wanted to try this serum for a while. I already use Azelaic Acid, Skinoren 20%, and it has worked great but it is drying (especially now that my skin is again better - gah, hormones, pls just settle down!) and sometimes a hassle to layer with other things. Maybe I could get some of the benefits of Azelaic Acid but in a non drying way with this derivate serum! I ordered one for my sister as well, she has super oily skin but too sensitive for anything truly exfoliating/drying. Not a repurchase though, but I did finish an old essence that was supposed to lessen redness...

I must give 10/10 for Geek & Gorgeous for the website, order process and shipping.  It took under an hour for G&G to pack my stuff and send me a tracking number. Also what the heck is up with Hungarian DHL, my package was picked up in hours and I received it in 1,5 days (the next day from ordering!) And no, I don't live near Hungary at all. So I can definitely vouch for the shipping within Europe, it is amazing. Also shipping was free for orders over 50 € in EU.

Mini review for Geek&Gorgeous Cheer Up: These were for my friends but I got a permission to test it! I used it by patting a small amount to my face in the evening straight after washing my face. I used it only a couple of times. There was zero stinging or warmness, it didn't feel drying immediately, a bit sticky, no scent. Next morning my products seemed to absorb extra well. I thought I could see a glow on my face, but my face was already in a good condition so there wasn't really any change in such a short time. Overall very pleasant and convenient (combining gentle AHA and BHA in the same bottle) to use. After a couple of days I did feel some dryness, so I would use Cheer Up only every third day or so.





Giorgio Armani Sì Travel Set - Eau de Parfum, Eau de Toilette, Fiori, Passione

Does this count as cosmetics? I think it kinda does... even though perfume is purely a luxury and I absolutely do not need it like I need skincare (to keep acne and other conditions at bay) and makeup (self confidence and self expression).

Back to the perfume. I love them all. They are all very Sì, but still different from each other. They are all sophisticated and easy to wear. They do not feel like migraine triggers despite being sweet. I have a couple of perfumes I absolutely love but I hesitate to use them or use only a little because they are strong projectors (Versace Versense, Michael Kors Sexy Amber...). I'm quite positive I will purchase more Sì perfumes in the future, either more minis or a full size, maybe one of these or something else they happen to release for this lineup (I have a feeling they would never completely discontinue Sì). Only thing I'd like to complain is the mini bottle design. Everytime I open them, they make a mess, I guess the opening is bigger than other mini bottles I've had. Maybe this is Armani's plot to make me run out of the them faster...



Catrice Brow Colorist Semi-Permanent Brow Mascara 030 Dark

Oh vey I was so smart I thought to test the darker eyebrow mascara but for some reason I took dark instead of brunette. They looked so light/same in the store. But this one is way too dark, looks black basically. Lesson learned. I'm now combining a few strokes of this with lighter stuff and seems to work and bring dimension. I am however considering purchasing more Asian brow gels, because it seems they keep my eyebrows lifted up and more full all day (Missha Browcara). I feel many of them might use the same formula as tubing mascaras so they coat the hair and make it look fuller and withstand sweat.

Essence I Love Extreme Volume Waterproof Mascara Black

Why did I buy this one??? It was only 3,5 € but it's not like I run out of mascaras every week. It has an ugly packaging as well. It sounded like it could suit my needs, but now that I already opened Eyeko's mascara I just put this one unopened in the drawer.

Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1 %

Repurchase, a back up of a back up! Because it seems Differin is always out of stock exactly when I want to order (from iherb).


No comments:

Post a Comment