Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Empties Since January 2020


I have tried to be mindful and finish my old things that were almost empty anyway. It is such a bad habit to use only half or 2/3 of the products and leave the rest to be expired! This is 3 months' worth of empties and some trash I found, from January to March. I don't actually feel so frustrated anymore about the amount of random stuff I have. I believe I will get rid of most of the extra stuff this year and the rest I'll just have to trash in case they look expired. Most of them have been opened for a while so it's not fair to gift them. Also I don't think I'll finish anything during the last week this month anymore so I am a bit early.


Face

Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream Mini

Lasted quite a while! Learned to use eye cream regularly because of this. Ok but not wow, maybe could repurchase, or at least not ruling it out.


Garnier Micellar Gel

Now that I look at it, probably my most repurchased product. I don't own any alternatives for it and I keep constantly running out because I use it daily.


Tosowoong Natural Pure Apricot Seed Cleansing Oil

Yeah, I'm slightly sad this ended. I have one more unopened bottle and I should use it while it's still good even though I'd like to save it. Why would Tosowoong discontinue this cleansing oil, it is still by far the best I've used?! I feel like boycotting the whole brand now for this petty reason. I hope I can find some day another oil cleanser I feel this strongly about. Btw, the cleansing oil that I also found ok (not as good as Tosowoong), Kicks Beauty Deep Cleansing Oil has also been discontinued. I never even got a chance to debate if I should repurchase for real, but then again, I was also waiting for another -50% sale sooo...


Korres Wild Rose Advanced Repair Sleeping Facial Sample/Mini

I started to use this one during the day because I didn't feel it was occlusive/moisturizing enough as a sleeping mask and didn't do anything, except dry my skin a bit. For the day, it was ok. The strong fragrance didn't bother so much when I wasn't trying to sleep. Worked under makeup, no pilling.  Maybe clogged my pores a bit and once in a while I got red splotches so probably allergic reaction/irritation, but my neck didn't react that way, only face. Not going to repurchase (it's been reformulated a bit though I think?).


Skin&Lab K Plus Red-X Essence

Ok gel type essence. Forgettable, though. I never really figured out if it was slightly clogging my skin or not. Never irritated my skin though! Super nice glass pump bottle. Not going to repurchase.


A'Pieu Madecassoside Sun Cream SPF39 PA++

I liked this sunscreen but the longer I used it, the more I found faults in it, even though for a physical sunscreen the consistency is great and it doesn't cause any irritation. It doesn't play nicely with all my foundations, it slightly clogs my skin... Not going to repurchase even though there's nothing badly wrong with it. As far as mineral sunscreens go, not the strongest white cast! Still some but that's obvious.


Tonymoly London Black Tea Cream

Another oldie, rediscovered and used it for about 2 months now, almost everyday. I really learned to like it this time! I wonder why. I could repurchase for next winter. Feels equally hydrating and moisturizing and ok under makeup when skin is more dry (winter). Otherwise it feels like it never absorbs truly so it's a weird mix of light cream but heavy/slimy smooth finish.


The Body Shop Drops of Youth Youth Cream

Look what I found! 4-5 years old?! Has definitely gone bad, more grainy texture and doesn't smell so crisp anymore. I had used almost all of it though despite it pilling and not being very moisturizing. Now I tried it on my hand, it still pills, doesn't absorb and on top of that, burns my skin. But like I said, this cream has expired a long time ago. It wasn't for me, it was impossible to use with makeup and other products.


Samples

That I used during traveling, e.g. Purito's Snail BB Cleanser that I do not like and some others.


Tea Tree Oil

Old bottle, just found it, it had been hiding, so badly expired by now. Haven't used tea tree that much lately (is it thanks to you, Skinoren and Differin???). I know people hate essential oils and tea tree can irritate. But... when mixed with other oils or creams, tea tree can really work on acne. For me at least. That I don't know if it is the smartest way to deal with acne but for example when my forehead and hairline was BAD (I suspect fungal acne, not confirmed) tea tree and anti dandruff shampoo did work. Not going to repurchase tea tree right now.


Body

Crabtree and Evelyn London La Source Ultra Moisturizing Hand Therapy Mini

This is also from Lookfantastic Advent Calendar 2017. It's been living in my handbag, so I guess it has been a bit forgotten. Good moisturizer, strong fragrance (not bad though but why so overpowering), not going to repurchase.


Veet Wax Strips

I must say I was surprised how good and easy these were to use! I used some Veet strips a long, long time ago... and I thought they were tricky. These new ones compared to ones from 10 years ago or so, leave a lot less wax residue, grip better to hair while are easier to rip off skin, are better shape, and a huge plus, you don't have to warm them by rubbing them between your hands anymore. I did repurchase!


Eucerin pH5 Shower Oil

Just a small bottle to see what we (my partner and I) think of this cleanser. I was thinking of him when I purchased it (eczema). This is the one with fragrance. I ended up liking this more than him, he prefers the creamy Ceralan Shower Oil (which isn't really oil). I could repurchase some day!


Cien Antiperspirant Cien Men Aqua + Total Invisible

Both are ok, but I think Total Invisible is not as effective as the one geared for men. Plus stronger fragrance that I could smell all day. Bleh. Will not repurchase. But will repurchase men's version.


Hair

Cien Anti Dandruff Shampoo

Ok shampoo, but it is just so peculiar how my face sometimes burns so badly after using this shampoo. It is definitely the shampoo as nothing else changes in my routine. And I do not smear it on my face. So will not repurchase even though the price is just so right!


Cien Extra Strong Hairspray

Don't know how old - 5 years? 10 years? I feel like it hasn't worked for a while, just made hair greasy. Last time I used it was probably a year ago. Yeah, chugging out (to a dangerous waste bin, remember these aerosols can explode). I think even hairsprays do get old and ineffective at some point. But I do remember thinking back in the day when I used several of these Cien hairsprays (cheap!) that it was a great discovery! I have been checking out hairsprays at the store, but don't know if I'll purchase any until I have a proper reason. Also I'll purchase a small bottle probably. Even while owning this Cien one, I think I went through several small Elnett bottles because they were better for travel.


Wella Wellaflex Mousse Ultra Strong Hold

Another trash, probably 5-10 years old. I think it has definitely expired despite being aerosol. I tried it once maybe a year ago and it just made my hair disgusting. Weird because I remember it actually had a good hold and I was even able to style my bangs with it once upon a time? I just... don't seem to be capable of throwing things out. This blog thing makes good for me, forces me to clean and look at my habits! Maybe my hair quality has changed, too.


Four Reasons Silver Mist

Another trash, old. I didn't even like it, used only a little. I had bleached hair back then. And I tried everything to combat the dryness of it and of course the yellowness. When my hair was so distressed, this mist was very much ineffective at hydrating or keeping the yellow in check plus it was annoying to apply because of course the mist has colour particles that make a mess when they land elsewhere than hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment