Friday, December 13, 2019

Black Friday Shopping

Black Friday gives me a little anxiety. Should I find those best deals right now? From where??? What am I missing? Wait a minute, what do I actually need? So I ended up purchasing things I actually don't really need this time and ended up just trying out new stores. Also now that I've been browsing more online stores, I've noticed they have sales all the time! So if I feel there's something I missed, I can always try the Holiday sales later on! And then the spring sales! :) However I am going to stay more focused now and make a list of things I've been looking at.




Paula's Choice CLINICAL Ceramide-Enriched Firming Eye Cream Mini

Exuviance Start Kit - Sensitive/Dry Minis

First time ordering from Skincity. I like trying out new stores to see what's up with their customer service, speed etc. My Skincity order came within 3 working days (5 days total)! That's incredibly fast considering it was Black Friday sale and free shipping. I would consider ordering again, especially if I wanted something fast. Also this is my first anti-age product for my eye area! And my first test product from Paula's Choice. If I like it, I might try other PC minis too. Exuviance is something interesting I've seen, but I have written the whole brand off because of the price.

Items were on the top of paper stuffing with a pamphlet. Nothing was moving around.


Dermalogica Redness Relief Essence Mini

Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash Mini

Free shipping and small sizes with some discount? Yes please... I had been pondering Redness Relief Essence for a while. It has Oat Kernel Flour and Oat Meal Extract that I find attractive, but it also has essential oils etc. possible irritants. I read some reviews and it has gotten quite a luke warm welcome. I still haven't received my order and it's been 10 working days (15 days total). I am getting worried and I am not sure if I would order again from Dermahub. But I can't know if it's usually this slow, probably not. EDIT: In the end it took about 16 working days (20 days total) to receive my order. But seeing the pile of samples that came with the order, I don't mind! I got 10 sample packets, and they included e.g. Daily Microfoliant. I am the most curious about Renewal Lip Complex and Stress Positive Eye Lift though. 


Everything was well packaged, paper stuffing. Some pamphlets and sale codes (that are going to expire in a couple of weeks and require a purchase of a certain amount).




Max Factor Crème Puff Matte Blush - 55 Stunning Sienna

Maybelline Superstay 24 Matte Ink Lipstick - 75 Fighter

Maybelline Superstay 24 Matte Ink Lipstick - 70 Amazonian

My first time ordering from Lookfantastic, too! Because they had lowered free shipping campaign plus a sale. I got some christmas gifts for family and for myself things I had tried to find in stores near me without luck. I already know I like Superstays and Max Factor's Stunning Sienna is probably a perfect color for me. I just tried Fighter, and it is very fierce orange-brown and it absolutely pairs well with blue eyes! Such a strong lip, and everyone kept noticing only my eyes even though I had zero eye makeup! Muted blue eyes usually never get noticed. Shipping took what felt like forever, 13 working days (18 total!). So if I order again from Lookfantastic, it better be something that I don't need within a certain time frame.

The items were at the at the bottom of the box, with a lot of paper stuffing on top of them (and one paper underneath). I didn't notice anything moving around. 



Colourpop Ultra Blotted Lip in Halo Effect

Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Hanky Panky

Colourpop Pressed Powder Shadow in Hear Me Out

My friend ordered from Colourpop and it took a month to get the package! Not a good idea to order internationally just before christmas I presume. She said it took a week before they even shipped it. Anyway, Hanky Panky is very versatile shade and I'm happy I took something so "boring"! The same goes for Hear Me Out. It's actually lighter than I thought. Halo Effect is more red than I thought as well. It was described as "warm nude with a hint of coral". There is some coral yes, also red, but I have no idea how this could possibly be nude. But, luckily, when I paired this one with a yellow-orange eye (Running Late), and some coral blush, I had accidentally re-created a look I was excited about by some Korean Youtuber whose name I can't remember anymore (I rarely watch Youtube). And I must say it was very striking and suited my skin tone very well. The blurry effect of the Ultra Blotted Lip is very interesting, a bit like how Peripera tints turn out on lips.


Dermosil Kaura/Oat Hand Cream

Got this from my mom. She can't use it because it's so heavily fragranced. And I agree! The scent is not bad at all, there's just so much of it and it lingers... It doesn't seem to be very moisturizing one either. I have to keep adding it on hourly. (But it also is winter, so dry hands.)

No comments:

Post a Comment