Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink in 65 Seductress, 70 Amazonian, 75 Fighter 5 ml Review



Ingredients:


soon!

I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...





Outside light.

Inside light.


Thoughts:

Creates kind of a film on top of the lips that is visible/thick, not a natural lips look. Harsh edges.

Will stay slightly sticky for hours, sometimes less, sometimes more.

I think the shade selection is not very varied, despite the collection having a lot of colors. I feel many shades are just a little off or not that easy to wear for a "non makeup person" aka me. But the shades are very on trend and I like that.

- Lips will look somewhat dry and it will highlight lip texture, even if you don't feel the painful dryness. So it's definitely not blurred, moist, natural plumped lip look!

- I wouldn't use these lipsticks several days or weeks in a row everyday, as the removal requires some work and that on top of the drying effect I feel my lips get a bit raw

Not as long lasting if you try to sheer it out a bit for a more natural look.

- Better not touch the lips or smack them while the lipstick is drying, otherwise it will make it patchy/cakey. It takes maybe up to 10 minutes to be touch proof.



"Super Stay" really lives up to its name and it truly is mind boggling. First lip product ever I actually have to remove in the evening. And by remove, I mean concentrate on removing it, because otherwise the rest of it will stay even throughout the night...

Super Stay Matte Ink can even last through eating. And eating quite greasy foods, too. It does wear on my inner lower lip area but not much elsewhere.

Even though Matte Ink is somewhat drying, especially on my lower lip, it is not super drying (like some lip tints I've tried *coughTonymolycough*).

Wears well, doesn't really "flake", but in the afternoon it usually starts to look cakey.

Doesn't immediately dry or tint, so I have time to fix errors in application.

Pretty and sturdy design, makes you want to collect them all! The tube is the same color as the lipstick so easy to find the one you want to use with a glance.



* For me, it is important that I don't have to worry about my makeup all day long. I guess I am lazy. Or I just don't want to use my brain capacity for that. Anyway, it is weird I just now tried Maybelline's Superstays, considering I have heard/read people talking about them a lot. Maybe the product design looks slightly intimidating (for a person new to liquid lips) even though it is very trendy and pretty?

I tried Maybelline's Super Stay Matte Ink Crayon as well before I dared to go for this liquid lipstick. I think the Crayon is easier to approach somehow. It dries matte as well despite being all creamy when applied, it is easy to apply either sheer or opaque. It is nowhere near as long lasting as liquid Matte Ink. I probably would have purchased another Crayon as well (I have Lead The Way, I like the look of Enjoy The View for example) but the stores near me have such a poor shade selection they didn't have anything else I wanted.

I am not sure which one is my favorite shade out of these three. I bought Seductress first, and it is very versatile, almost nude. But it is quite pink/mauve on me, more than I would like. Amazonian is a great color, I wish it would be slightly less orange leaning. But I tried mixing Seductress and Amazonian (a dab of both at the same when wet on my lips and then sheered out with a qtip) and it was nice! I must try it again. Fighter is quite orange, I like it, it suits me and makes my eyes pop, but it is a bit striking for everyday.

The foot is okay, a bit big. Not my favorite but not bad. It tends to pack the color at the tip which is a little hassle. But I have learned to not start with outlining my lips.



Price: 

11-12 € / 5 ml, usually on sale at around 8 €

Bought from: 

Grocery store, Lookfantastic

Buy again? 

I did purchase Amazonian and Fighter very soon after testing Seductress! If Maybelline releases more coral/orange/peach things for the spring, I might be tempted again... 

Worth the money? 

For me, absolutely yes. It is amazing to have some peace of mind that your lipstick is not going to bleed or make a mess. It is a compromise between comfort and longevity... I think it is in balance here. I understand why Maybelline's Super Stay Matte Ink has a cult favorite reputation. It is worth trying, at least once, if you can find a shade you think you can make work.


No comments:

Post a Comment