Thursday, July 25, 2019

Travel Skincare Shopping in Krakow, Poland

I visited Krakow for a few days, a bit of an summer ex tempore thing I think? I've been wanting to visit Poland for a while and Krakow is often listed as one of the most beautiful cities in Europe and the old town is UNESCO World Heritage Site. If I sound like I'm trying to sell you a holiday trip it's because I found Krakow so charming and welcoming! Krakow is a perfect mix of nature, old and modern. Busy cozy streets with quiet little nooks and parks here and there, very clean, only a short trip by bus and I was in the middle of the forest or in a very very beautiful quiet townhouse neighborhood with a lot of interesting architecture or in Wieliczka eating crepes. I would love to visit Poland again and take a bus trip through the country. Wonder how that would go as I didn't even learn to properly pronounce "dziękuję" during my visit... Polish is a difficult language!

Anyway, because I was travelling with hand luggage only there's only so much you can fit under 100 ml liquids in that 1 liter plastic bag. Also I didn't plan on buying things so I just did a quick googling on a whim and then went to store to stare at all the jars and tubs. Only affordable ones because all my money went to flight tickets. :) I must say I recommend having a check in baggage (and more money) so that you can freely choose whatever you want to purchase. It will be easy to fill because there are so many interesting things (if you are not super picky of course). I regret not buying more makeup though. I liked Galeria Kazimierz better than Galeria Krakowska because it was more relaxed place and everyone seemed a lot more happy there!

Also, I had some trouble getting cash as most ATM's didn't work with my card for some reason (???) but I was able to pay with card in every store. Notice, Poland doesn't use euros, they have Polish Zloty.

Some Polish skincare brands I found by googling/saw in stores (don't know which are recommended or popular): Bandi Professional, Dermofuture Precision, Ziaja, Barwa Siarkowa/Cosmetics, Loton Cosmetics, Soraya, Bielenda, Iwostin, AA Cosmetics, Tołpa, Dermedic, Sylveco

Makeup brands: Hean, Inglot, Ingrid, Paese


Things I got:



Skinoren Cream 20% / Skinoren Krem 200mg/g (Azelaic Acid)

Skinoren is a prescription acne cream in most countries, by Bayer. You can get it at any pharmacy I think. Krakow is the promised land of pharmacies, I saw one almost on every street in the center, near Old Town. Also the shopping centers I visited had pharmacies, as well as the Krakow Airport before the security. You have to request Skinoren Cream at the counter, they keep them behind the desk. You don't need a prescription and they don't ask questions why you are getting it. (My acne flared up during the trip though so it must've looked natural for me to buy acne products...) Pharmacy staff speaks good English. Also, got some effective allergy medicine just by asking "something for allergies". Skinoren costs about 15-18 €/30 g.


Bandi Professional Medical Expert Anti Rouge Acid Peel + sample Anti-Aging Cream

Polish dermo cosmetics brand. The stores didn't have a complete line up but it seemed like they have a lot of interesting products! Bandi has an online store as well but shipping seems to be costly outside Poland. I've been interested in PHA products and I like the 5% PHA peeling pads by Neulii so I thought, maybe I'll go for this 10% gluconolactone and lactobionic acid peeling serum. It cost about 13-14 €.


Dermofuture Precision Normalizing Moisturizing Elixir

Also a Polish dermo cosmetics brand with a lot of interesting things! Again, choosing a product to buy was very difficult... so I ended up taking something very safe, a moisturizing serum. I was eyeing their anti-age and anti-oxidation serums as well. I've seen Dermofuture's products online also which is great! I lost the receipt but this serum was maybe 5-10 €?


Ziaja Oczyszczanie Liście Manuka aka Manuka Tree Deeply Cleansing Peeling Paste

Ziaja is an affordable Polish brand that I've seen online several times. This scrub was only about 2-3 €! However I didn't find their complete line up anywhere, but I was interested in this manuka line for acne/unbalanced skin already. Ziaja has interesting products using natural ingredients and I've seen a lot of praise so I'm curious to try something. I didn't take a cream because I have so many of those waiting to be used.


Barwa Siarkowa/Cosmetics Krem Siarkowy Nawilżający aka Moisturizing Sulphur Cream

I just saw "sulphur cream" and though, yes, perfect. At home checking the ingredients it seems the cream has a lot of pore clogging things. But it's okay, I will test it and see how it goes. Many people seem to like it on a Polish beauty site (wizaz.pl)! Interesting brand using sulphur in their products. I lost the receipt but this one was maybe around 5 €?


Loton Cosmetics Szampon Micelarny Odbudowujacy z Bursztynem aka Micellar Shampoo with Amber Extract

I bought this shampoo because a) it was cute and small and cheap (about 1 €?) b) the hotel shampoo was absolutely destroying my hair (and it is still recovering!). Loton shampoo is a lot better. I guess it uses some sort of micellar cleansing and natural ingredients?


Hean High Definition Matte Rice Powder

I had forgotten to take a powder with me so I wanted to buy something cheap and preferably from a Polish brand. This one was about 3-4 € I think. Rice powder infused with marula oil felt like a nice choice.


SVR Sebiaclear Mat+Pores Sebum-Regulating Anti-Enlarged-Pore Mattifying Care

Not Polish, SVR is French pharmacy brand. Just saw them at the well-stocked pharmacy and thought, why the ever not, I will buy this cream I've been wanting to try. SVR is not available in my country. So even if you don't feel like shopping Polish skincare in Poland (why not though?) there are other options. SVR cream cost about 11 €.

No comments:

Post a Comment