Wednesday, July 10, 2019

More Shopping but Nothing Extravagant


I did a complete no-buy period for a while, then I decided it wasn't needed anymore, because I know better now how to restrict myself, and obviously I'm starting to understand what works for me.  Now I just have to shop smart, only things I actually need or things that bring me a lot of joy, currently that being learning how to do make up again. Yes, it is a skill you can forget if you don't practise it. I think concentrating on make up for once also helps me not to be so obsessed with my skin condition (I don't have a super bad skin but trying to fix things makes you look at your skin a lot more critically).




Essence Brushes: Cheek Brush, Angled Crease Brush, Smudging Brush, Short Blender Brush

I needed some brushes for practising eye shadows and just grabbed these cheap ones. I must admit after a couple of uses, I'm not a big fan. Definitely will replace them when I find something I like, something softer. But they are alright for the price and purpose I got them for.


Essence You Better Work Eye Primer

Tried a couple of times and I have a feeling I might end up loving this stuff.


Essence You Better Work Fixing Spray

Haven't tried yet. My first fixing spray ever. I thought I would buy something cheap and small without alcohol first.


Lumene Nordic Chic CC Color Correcting  Powder in Light (Shade 1)

Now that I think about it, I probably should have gone for the darker shade 2, but I took this one out of habit as I used to use many compacts of the old version of CC Powder in Light. Plus it has the most neutral undertone, the darker shades all lean a bit to orange (probably for the color correction effect). Anyway, I'm interested in to see how this new version works as it has a green spot in the powder.


Lumene Valo Light Glow Lumenessence Brightening Beauty Lotion

Mon Dieu, the fragrance. I felt like I was rubbing perfume on my face when I tried it. Maybe I just have to accept that Lumene does make up the best and leave their more expensive skincare alone as it all seems to be very fragranced. (Their cheaper Klassikko/Classics line is not bad though.) Let's hope the scent will dissipate after a while, it happens to some products after they have been opened. I bought this one because of a sale and I've been wanting to try a product with witch hazel.


Schwarzkopf Taft Instant Volume Powder 

I've wanted to try a hair powder for a while, if I could style my hair without making it too heavy and greasy. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet properly.




Lily Lolo Mineral Make Up Samples + Kabuki Brushes

Lately I have thought a lot about mineral make up powders and how they could possibly be nice for my skin, maybe not clogging it or causing other surprise reactions. So, I ordered some samples from Lily Lolo because they seem to have a lot of different shades. Haven't tried them yet but I'm quite sure one of them or a mix of them will match me. Both kabuki brushes feel really soft and pleasant, I like them even though I haven't even used them yet! 



Flow Cosmetics / Kosmetiikka + Korento Mineral Make Up Samples

More mineral make up samples! I wanted to love these, but I didn't have a straight shade match. By mixing two shades pretty much 50/50 (ivory & porcelain) I got a pretty nice finish though, but it would require me to buy two jars at once and I haven't dared to do that yet. Because I'm still new to mineral make up powders and it's a lot of money.



Cien Men Aqua + Total Invisible 48 h Antiperspirants 

More staples. Also, going to be wild and try the new one in the middle. My life is so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment