Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Tamanu Oil Review


Ingredients:


Tamanu oil.

I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...



Thoughts:


Might feel heavy especially if used a lot

I feel it clogs pores if used heavily or everyday, especially on my forehead

- Oily, thick feel and finish

Honestly don't know if it helps with scars, pores, skintone, aging skin as it is advertised. It doesn't make any condition worse (if you're careful about the pore clogging issue and do spot treatments lightly) so maybe you just have to use it for a long time to see results




Sinks into skin quite well despite the oiliness, especially if the skin is very dry and rough (like my hands, feet) but if the skin is healthy and balanced it can take more time or not properly absorb at all

Smell is sweet and strong, like pecan nuts. Both good and bad, I get so hungry while smelling it all day as it lingers!

Feels very nourishing, excellent for rough/parched skin

Organic



* Funny green/yellow color that will slightly stain your face for a moment with a green tint before it absorbs

Compared to rose hip seed oil, tamanu oil feels thicker and more oily. Personally rose hip oil sinks into my skin better and leaves it softer/smoother. Also I can slather rose hip as much as I want and it's not clogging at all!

It's said that tamanu oil helps to restore the skin and it's good for acne and scars

Tamanu oil is mostly oleic and linoleic acid when rose hip seed oil is mostly linoleic and linolenic acid

I think my dry cheeks (combination skin) benefit the most from this oil, also my hands, they are just always so dry and cracked during the winter, it really hurts if I miss moisturizing for a couple of days! Also I could start mixing a drop into rose hip oil or do my own carrier oil mix altogether, I have been thinking about it once I discover my favorite oils



Price: 

5,80 € / 30 ml

Bought from: 

Limepop.fi

Buy again? 

Probably no unless I want to fix my winter hands with it next year too.

Worth the money? 

If you really know what to use it for. If you're not scared of the oils. And you are willing to experiment. This is for parched skin I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment