Saturday, February 3, 2018

Lumene Blueberry Curl Waterproof Mascara Review DISCONTINUED


Ingredients:


A mystery! Didn't take photos. Super old product.

I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...



Thoughts:


Extremely difficult to remove, needed baby oil, no normal make up remover worked. Took a long time to get if off

Could start to irritate eyes at the end of the day, also if used several days in a row. When it got painful, it was really painful

- I think I always lost some eyelashes when wearing this mascara a lot, maybe it was the cleansing process that I was too harsh with...



One of the best mascaras I've used, or maybe time has made my memory fuzzy... at least one of the most waterproof

This mascara was truly WATERPROOF, I went to swim, to shower, to sauna with it and the bugger didn't budge

The brush was precise, I loved it's shape and plasticness

Very pigmented

The result was truly longer and thicker eyelashes, someone asked me if I had falsies one day!



* So annoyed I didn't realize to take picture of the ingredient list when I threw away the old mascara I found lying around. (What do you mean I clean my stash too rarely... this mascara was probably five years old or something! No, I did not use it anymore!)

Apparently, Blueberry Wild Curl Waterproof was the reformulation of Blueberry Curl Waterproof, now Lumene has Nordic Chic Full-On Curl Waterproof that is close to the discontinued Blueberry mascara... (I'm not old but I feel too old to follow all the reformulations and then get sad when I can't find my old favorites anymore at the store. Then I buy nothing.)

I will copy-paste the ingredient list of the new Nordic Chic Mascara here if it resembles even a little bit the original Blueberry ones for future reference (like what is causing the eye irritation): ISODODECANE, PARAFFIN, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, TALC, C12-16 ALCOHOLS, POLYBUTENE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX), TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN, HYDROGENATED TETRADECENYL/METHYLPENTADECENE, PHENOXYETHANOL, LECITHIN, PALMITIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL, (CI 77499) IRON OXIDES.



Price: 

About 15-17 €?

Bought from: 

Grocery stores, Citymarket probably

Buy again? 

Discontinued. A long time ago.

Worth the money? 

It was more than I would like to pay for a mascara but I never had to worry that it would smudge and it always looked good. It was not a product for sensitive eyes though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment