Friday, October 13, 2017

Pore Shrinking Method Review


I remember coming across interesting article by fiftyshadesofsnail.com about pore shrinking method/getting rid of sebaceous filaments very early when I started to google skincare stuff. I didn't have any products back then that I could've tried it with and then later, I didn't dare because my skin has been through a rollercoaster by trying so many new things.

But I decided that today is the day I test it. Some people say it works, some say it doesn't, some get overexfoliated, some do it every week, some once a month...

So I thought to document my own thoughts about this method and if I find it useful for me. My pores are a bit bigger than normal I would say but I don't think they are extremely clogged as I've been using konjac sponge, acids and this Elizavecca clay mask for a while.

I only treated my T-area as that is where my sf problem is and I don't want to dry out my cheeks.I did this in the morning. I didn't use any exfoliators the day before. All in all it took about an hour to go through to all the steps + the usual skincare after it. I did not use another cleanser after cleansing oil as the oil I used doesn't leave residue and I worried about this method drying my skin.


Products I used:

The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Solution 2% for 20 min

Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask for 6 min (washing off 5 min)

Tosowoong Apricot Cleansing Oil for 15 min (massage and washing off 3 min)

(Followed by TO's Buffet and Niacinamide + Zinc, Scinic Honey AIO, Missha Madecanol Cream and Tosowoong Soft Touch Sun Cream)



The results:


Did this pore shrinking method make my skin dry?

Yes, somewhat. Horribly dry? No, not at all, but still I can feel it.


Did I get grits?

Haha. I got one that was very small. Honestly, wasn't expecting to get them a lot, but still I thought I would get at least a couple more. However I got some grits in the beginning when I started using oil cleansing method daily (over a half a year ago?) so maybe the rest just are stuck forever or need stronger BHA.


Do my pores look smaller now?

More refined I would say! Not really smaller or "emptied". I would not be able to tell the difference if I hadn't taken some photos right before and after, and after changed immediately when I put my usual products on my face. It made the more refined pores look... almost normal again.


Other benefits?

When putting my products on after, they all sink in super fast. I felt like they barely touched my skin and they had disappeared already, I had to put more! Skin felt softer than usual to touch after putting my normal skincare products (before these products skin felt "normal", not smooth but not dry or patchy either). The clay mask calmed down the redness a little too.


Would I do this again?

Maybe. It does leave the skin very clean feeling, not squeaky clean though. It didn't destroy my skin. Takes a bit of time.


What would I do differently?

I think I must be missing something. Should I maybe have a stronger BHA or let some of the products sit longer? Maybe hydrate my skin more after? Experiment with different products, different clay mask?


Would I recommend trying the method?

It's up to you! Try and see if it works for you. I think it works miracles only if it is clearly noticeable that you have big pores, you can feel the blackheads/sebaceous filaments and you haven't exfoliated much before. For other people it is an exfoliating step that could be potentially drying and probably could be done in different way and the result would be the same (using BHA continually every other day with shorter wait time and once a week a clay mask, for example).


No comments:

Post a Comment