Saturday, September 23, 2023

Empties September

This time some more "spring cleaning" so clearing old stuff, trashing and also decluttering... Hoping to pass off the only tried on products that are in good condition to someone for free. (Not pictured yet, still rummaging...)

Usually I have tried to do empties/shopping posts every two months but I'll make an exception now and this is just september. I will be very busy next month so better blog when I have some time... Also I get overwhelmed easily so better do a little at a time! I promised myself I would sort out my beauty stash this year.


Face

Cosrx AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid 

6 years old, ha! Wasn't for me, my face didn't really like it, tried to use it everywhere else on my body - legs, feet, cuticles, ears - but I felt it did nothing that way. Still, the bottle is finished, so hurray. 


Revolution Brow Soap

Wasn't for me, the hold was not as strong as I hoped and was lead to believe, applying was messy. Now the soap is slimy, gluey, so definitely expired. I'm bummed but glad I tried it... my eyebrows just need the strongest solutions. Also the compact felt really cheap and everything was a bit wonky and you could see the glue etc but I guess that's just what you get for the affordable price.


SVR Sun Secure Extreme Multi-Resistant Ultra Matt Gel SPF50+

Maybe 1/3 used. I just can't with the scent and the slimy gel consistency. Yes, it looks matte after a while but it never truly dries. Well, generally sunscreens don't dry, they leave the skin tacky but this one is slimy. I tried to use it on my arms as well but eugh the sliminess that sticks to clothes is not pleasant.


Missha Color Wear Browcara

Probably 6-7 years old. Very long lasting. Still hasn't dried up. Good hold. Korean brow gels in general seem to be quite good and would purchase again. This one is discontinued I believe but something else. The color was not quite right on me though.


Makethemake Tripeptide-1 Lash Lift Mascara

Ok mascara! Slightly smudged but not badly. Natural lashes, I was able to layer for a more dramatic look. Easy to wash off. I liked the precise wand. I think I will wash and save it. I think, it was precisely at the 6 month mark when the mascara had dried so much that it was difficult to use so it's time to discard. (No, I don't always follow the 6 month expiration mark that is printed on mascaras... sometimes I use a mascara for a year or over! I've never had eye problems though.)


Essence Eyeliner Pen Longlasting Brown

Old product again, and I even wrote as a first impression that it is not longlasting at all. Why did I still try to make it work, I don't know... It doesn't seem to stick on my oily eyelids and doesn't last. Used it for my brows a bit but I can use better products for them as well.


The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

Older than old I believe. Half used. Retinoid products lose their efficacy quite fast so there is no reason to save them too long. I think I did not like this emulsion formula either but can't quite remember.


Tan-Luxe Super Glow Hyaluronic Self Tan Serum Gradual

2-3 years old, from an advent calendar. Let's face it, I'll never try it despite my best intentions. Probably expired because it looks so thick.


Body

Yves Rocher Pur Arnica Moisturizing Hand Cream

A freebie with my order, but I actually really did like it! Had floral scent but not too strong for me. Didn't bother me at all. Felt moisturizing, but not heavy, absorbed ok so good for daytime as well.


Bioderma Cicabio Pommade

Very good heavier moisturizer for winter hands. I used this during the nights because it leaves hands slimy. Tried on my face as well, but I think my face did not like it too much.


Hotel Body Lotion Way of Life

Where do these keep appearing from?! A bit too fragranced, not very moisturizing and had to rub it on for a while, but absorbed completely so was ok hand cream during the day.


James Read Gradual Tan H2O Illuminating Tan Mist Body

From advent calendar but never got around to trying it! I think it looks separated already. I guess I should just give all the tanning products away immediately or trash them because I am just currently too lazy to give them a shot!


Hair

Head&Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo

My basic shampoo.


L'Oreal Elvital Color Vive Conditioner

Probably over 5 years old! Definitely didn't work for curls so I did not use it for a long time. Yeah yeah it looks grimy. Not very good conditioner to be honest, but it's more than nothing, also cheap.


Biozell Color Tech Espresso

Strangely I think I did not like this one and I felt my hair felt dry afterwards. Couldn't see much darker tint on my hair either. Bought this maybe 3 years ago, just when covid started. So it's time to let go. I like more the similar tint product I bought this spring (Four Reasons Color Mask Toning Treatment Chocolate).

No comments:

Post a Comment