Thursday, June 30, 2022

Empties since May


My empties from May to June so two months. Again, battling with the samples! Currently it is really hot here so it has limited my product usage. My face can't stand too much product when sweating all the time. I've been very good about sunscreen though! 


Face

Pile of Samples

My goal was to finish 20 samples again. I finished 19. I must admit I am a bit over samples now! My skin would love to just settle into a more long time routine! But I am still setting a goal of another 20 samples for the next two months so I can finish them all this year. I am not sure how many are still left.I do have quite many K-Beauty foundation samples but I would think everything is discontinued by now.

My favorites were DHC Elastin Collagen Ceramide Placenta Fresh Lotion, andLAB Hyarucerin Moisture Cream, Etude House Berry AHA Bright Peel Mild Gel (discontinued).


Sheet masks: Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb, The Saem Charcoal and Potato, Innisfree Tomato and Broccoli

My favorites were Garnier Moisture Bomb and The Saem Charcoal. 

I actually have only few sheet masks left anymore. They are definitely not part of my basic routine, but I just fixed last week some sudden peeling around my mouth going on day 3 just by using a single sheet mask. And it was gone and not back, yet at least. So I am perhaps going to buy a couple new masks once my stash is finished.


A-Derma Lip Balm

Ok product, but probably wouldn't repurchase. A bit too stiff formula for my tastes, but I think it will not melt easily when carried in a pocket everywhere. But I kept this one bedside and it was my night lip balm for over a year! (Lip balm that I can easily put on in the middle of the night or in the evening if I can't be arsed to get out of bed anymore for something else. During winter I sometimes wake up with super dry lips and can't go back to sleep unless I do something about it.)


The Ordinary Pycnogenol 5%

I really do like this serum. This was my second bottle maybe? I have a backup. My skin just looks better (brighter, smoother, less acne, more even color) when I use it. Pycnogenol is supposed to have antioxidant properties. I guess I will repurchase as long as The Ordinary makes it!


Nivea UV Face Sun Sensitive SPF50

Good face sunscreen, I've repurchased. I would recommend, affordable and fragrance free. I am now curious about Nivea's other face sunscreens.


Avene XeraCalm A.D. Lipid Replenishing Balm Sample

Feels nice and protecting, but nothing spectacular. Did try it when my skin was slightly irritated, worked nicely. Too greasy for day time wear, good sleeping mask. Possibly could purchase.


Body


The Body Shop Frosted Cranberry Shimmer Lotion

Got this one as a gift. Must be from 2017. Or 2016. Not very moisturizing anymore, not sure if it ever was. Leaves kind of a film on skin. Shimmer is crazy pretty though, and long lasting at that too! I think that was the reason I was trying to save the lotion. Too strong scent, very fake berry. Aggravates a head ache/migraine if it's already coming.


Rexona Maximum Protection Antiperspirant Sport Strength x2

My staple. I have backups.


Molton Brown Rose & Rhubarb Shower Gel

At first wasn't impressed by the scent, but it grew on me. Would use again, but would not go out of my to purchase. Molton Brown's shower gels are not cleansing enough for me, so the scent is the main thing.


Nivea Kids SPF50

I have no idea how old this one is! And I haven't even written a review for it! But I am fairly sure I have even repurchased this bottle so it can't be older than a few years, right... right? Nivea has reformulated and released new sunscreens this year and it will be interesting to try them. I did like this one a lot, no scent, no white cast, easy to apply and wash off.

Hair


Wella Professional LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir for Keratin Protection Mini 30 ml

Got this one from my hair stylist as a freebie when I got permanent. Quite a strong fragrance and very slippy oily texture. I wasn't a huge fan in the beginning, but the more I used it, the more I liked it. Easy to apply and not heavy. Didn't particularly make my curls better but did feel protecting especially because I have thin hair and it turns frizzy easily. A little goes long way as well, realistically if I hadn't so many other products it would take me ~5 months to finish 30 ml. So now that it is gone I do miss it. I miss hair oils in general too. This was more effective than Moroccan Oil Treatment. But Moroccan Oil definitely smells a lot better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment