Monday, May 10, 2021

Current Favorites


This is how the palette looked like after two uses. A bit dusty, the shades are quite soft.

By Terry Brightening CC Palette Beach Bomb

I just bought this palette but I already can tell I will use it a lot this summer! Especially the brown bronzer shade, it is really on point. Other shades are nice too, they are not as cookie cutter as I thought, the peachy one really packs a punch and the orchid-pink is not too bad even though can't call it flattering either. The shades blend easily and they are very pigmented. The first time I tried the palette, I gave myself a clown look by accident, for some reason I thought "Brightening CC" would mean sheer. 

Because the palette was mispriced (?) I bought it cheap so I might not be as critical as I would be otherwise! But the palette absolutely STINKS of rose and no one around me found the scent pleasant. I kept it opened on the balcony for two days and that helped a lot (one day wasn't enough). My balcony did smell of rose strongly in the beginning! Just a warning for everyone.

Based on Beach Bomb palette, I am intrigued by Sunny Flash palette as well. I hope it will be available for cheap one day (one can dream!).


Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia

I have a mini bottle that came in a Gucci perfume set I bought a few years back. I thought that Gorgeous Gardenia was ok, but nothing special back then, I couldn't quite connect with the scent. But it has definitely grown on me now that I revisited it! It is very calming, versatile, sheer "adult" fruity-floral, suitable for everyday wear, this has sweetness that doesn't aggravate migraines. Definitely considering buying a bigger bottle after the mini is finished! Also, the bottle is very pretty, and I like pretty things.


Eyebrows in general:

Schwarzkopf got2b Glued Spiking Glue

RefectoCil Oxidant Cream + Eyelash and Eybrow Tint

I haven't really acknowledged my eyebrows before. Of course I have plucked them ever since I was 13-16 years old but that's it. Now I have been experimenting with different shapes and products.

Got2be is strong and I do highly recommend it for stubborn eyebrows that naturally grow downwards! I was able to create the super laminated wolf look as well and it stayed all day. I had to use quite a lot of gel though and even add more after an hour. But that's not a look I want to go for, just wanted to test it. I can easily get fluffier brows that stay all day as well. All depends on how much gel I put and how I brush my brows. Very versatile! To be honest I should've bought this glue earlier than I did.

The same goes for the eyebrow tint, I should've tried it earlier. Makes me and my brows look sharper instantly. They are so much easier to shape too when I can see them better. Just a notice, Natural Brown does go to black fast if you have medium brown brows - next time I'll keep the tint on for 4-5 mins instead of 8 mins and maybe the result is more dark brown. 

RefectoCil tint is extremely easy and fast to use, I am so surprised, and I definitely recommend them.


Plus... Sparkly and Colorful Eyeshadow

I can't believe it! I wanted all matte just 1-2 years ago, thinking that it is easy and classy look! And yes it is, but now I am trying all my shimmery/glittery eyeshadows on their own and I am loving them! Give me all the spark.

The same goes for colorful eyeshadow. I feel bored of browns for some reason. I love neutrals so this is weird. I don't even have colourful, brighter eyeshadows so I have a huge itch to purchase some to play with... This is killing me, not being able to try more color. Yet I still feel like I am being very specific about the colors I want and I haven't seen a palette I truly desire.


No comments:

Post a Comment