Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Current Favourites


I am the master of blurry photos.

Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Hanky Panky

Canmake Lasting Multi Eyebase WP


Now this is going to be a long ramble.

I have finally figured out how to make my eyeshadow last for around 12-13 hours with very minimal creasing! It is winter now though, so the weather is dry-ish and cold (from 0 to -10 C) and I don't sweat much. Don't know if this works during summer. If you didn't guess already, my eyelids are super oily. It has prevented me from wearing eye makeup for the longest time.

I wait for my eye cream to properly sink in, then I gently wipe my lids with my fingers (to make sure there is no residue). Then I apply very thinly Canmake's Eye Base (it is like balm), I concentrate on my crease. I wait just a tiny bit, then I apply Colourpop's Super Shock Shadow in Hanky Panky. I use both my fingers and a sponge. With sponge I can get more product and really press it into the lid (not too heavily though because it will crumble!). If I want to be extra, I can still brush very lightly Catrice's Blotting Powder during some step but there is no need for that.

Then, I can apply whatever eyeshadows I want. Hanky Panky is neutral colour, but it is still not meant to be used as a primer, so it is quite a strong base (quite a bit darker than my skin) and affects all the other colours that come on top of it. Everything will end up more brown and muted, but for an everyday look, it is quite ok. The end result will end up being very powdery, but it lasts. Actually, I even feel like my lids get a bit dry during the day. So I wouldn't use this method everyday!

I have also used Hanky Panky as a base alone, and it also is surprisingly long lasting - at least 5 hours or so (should test again and actually check it every hour). I am very impressed. Please, Colourpop, release more matte Super Shock Shadows, in boring colours like cream, light brown, yellow brown... I will buy them all. Thanks. (And I will not lie, I have several of the shimmer SSS on my wishlist too. But they can wait.)

Also I feel Canmake's Eye Base is the best out of the eye primers I have tried, but it still requires more testing. I want to do for a couple of days my other eye with it, and other with Essence You Better Work Eye Primer and really compare results, just to make sure I am not imagining things.


Catrice Brow Colorist Semi-Permanent Brow Mascara in Soft Brunette (not in the picture)

I have learned so many things last year, including wearing brow products almost on a daily basis! The shade is very neutral and blends in, just like my own brows but better. Zero clumps. I wouldn't say it's semi permanent though.


Tonymoly Black Tea London Classic Cream

Why, hello there an old moisturizer I bought a long time ago. You are okay, not amazing (as in it would do something extra or be perfect in some way)  but certainly nowhere bad, and I just forgot about you. After I rediscovered this cream some weeks ago I have been using it regularly. I think it's very moisturizing for winter! Could almost repurchase, but I didn't like it at all during summer.


Bioeffect EGF Serum

Whether the EGF itself absorbs or not, this is still a very good serum. The 5 ml mini lasts longer than what I expected. If this stuff were cheaper I probably already would have purchased another bottle. Most of the evenings now I have used this serum alone (+ eye cream after a waiting period when I remember) and it is enough, and my face looks very good the next morning. It is weird, it's winter and I can get away with only a serum! I feel like it is also somehow balancing my skin but who knows.


SVR SUN SECURE SPF50+ Blur Anti-Shine Sunscreen for Face

Hmm, can't say this a favorite yet, since I just got it and have been using it only for two weeks. But it is a current favorite in a way that it is very interesting product! It disappears to my skin, so it's not detectable, even though it also blurs, but not in a way a true primer would. It feels like a silicony primer, absolutely. After I had used this several times under Missha's Perfect Cover BB and then I used the BB without or with some other sunscreen, I noticed that my skin looked a lot better with SVR under it! So I am a little hooked now, I hope there won't be negative skin reactions later on, because sunscreen + primer combination is clearly what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment