Sunday, January 26, 2020

Shopping Before a New No-Buy

I had already ordered/bought these things before my decision of a new replace-only-buy (with small exceptions). It's just that shipping is slow during December/New Year! All this is great stuff, but let's hope it will take a while for me to make any new shopping posts (I make these to keep track of my spending and when I got products and why). All of these cost approximately 170 € including shipping. Everything except Differin was also on a sale, the sales ranged from 10 to 70 %.

My Garnier Micellar Gel face wash also has about 1/3 left so I am trying to decide if I should buy it again (a bit under 5 €) or should I try the new Aco Sensitive Balance Micellar Gel that costs 15 € but its ingredients look so good! I would also like to test some new powerful antiperspirant, like Ducray Hidrosis Antiperspirant, or some of the Triple Drys again (that stopped working for me a long time ago but some people said they tend to do that and after a break work again), for the next summer. I'm a bit worried about sweating because even though Lidl's Cien Men is good and dirt cheap, my messed up hormones have been causing me to sweat more and be more smelly during last year! (+ My new habit of waxing my arm pits. That reminds me, I'm also out of wax strips.) I am better now but I have this maybe irrational fear still.

Anyway... enough of rambling. I'll add photos when I get to home and I have time.



Nivea Q10 PlusC Anti Wrinkle + Energy Eye Cream

Kilig Double Effect Moisturizing Eye Cream

I bought these two while I was in Vilnius recently. Both were on a good sale and I don't have an eye cream staple yet. Actually I just learned to use eye creams last year. I was so excited about the Kilig one (Lithuanian brand) but after 3 days my eyes felt all the time a bit irritated and I also cracked open the Nivea. After I switched, I've had zero irritation. I almost feel like my under eyes look less dark now after 3 weeks of use as well (but I've also been using Bio Effect Serum and I tend to pat my fingers around my eyes after applying it to my face). I will test Kilig once again and if the irritation comes back, it'll have to go to someone else...



Luxie Mini Detail Brush Set

Luxie Eye Essential Brush Set

Inspired by the Lookfantastic Advent Calendar that had two Luxie mini brushes, I went googling and found out that Luxie had very good sales at the moment! I couldn't resist. Their USA based site ships internationally as well! I think a bit under 10 USD is a reasonable price for the shipping. But if it had been more I wouldn't have bothered. Unfortunately I didn't make a note when I got the package, but I believe it took about 20 days total to receive my order. They came in boxes with paper stuffing, didn't photo them either, because I was too busy admiring my new brushes and playing with them...



Canmake Lasting Multi Eye Base WP

I had been looking at this one before. I wanted to choose a Japanese eye primer to test this time. I read that it has worked for people when nothing else has (including all the famous primers) but I will see what my oily eyelids think.



Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1 %

I gave my backup away as a gift. So a repurchase to replace that.



Illamasqua Colour Veil Blusher Enamour

Illamasqua Loaded Lip Polish Melba

wet n wild Color Icon Blush Apri-Cot in the Middle

wet n wild Color Icon Blush Rosé Champagne

My first order with Beautybay. Beautybay's website feels like a candy shop; it is easy to browse and they have very good photos of most of the products. Their photos seem to be more true to color than many other websites and I love it. So, I ordered a bunch of blushes in almost the same shade and even a lip gloss that actually feels like a gloss/lipstick hybrid! And actually, all the blushes are very different shades and finishes once on my face. So far my favorite is the W&W Apri-Cot. Enamour is very natural and cute when super lightly applied, but when I try to layer it, it ends up all wrong - I'll have to experiment.

I chose the free shipping without tracking. I'll have to check how long it took to receive it. Everything was well packaged and the box was cute and colorful!





SVR SUN SECURE SPF50+ Blur Anti-Shine Sunscreen for Face

SVR TOPIALYSE Palpébral CC in Light

Caudalie Vinosource Hydration Minis Cracker

Laura Mercier Artist Eyelash Curler

+ Samples: Guerlain Mon Guerlain Bloom Of Rose Eau de Toilette, DKNY Stories Eau de Parfum, Feelunique Lucky Dip Free Mystery Gift Xen-Tan Fresh Prep Scrub

It's been a while since I've ordered anything from Feelunique. This time they happened to have all of these things on sale, and they all are something I've wanted (notice, wanted, not needed). This SVR Blur Sunscreen sounds like it would be a great sunscreen and a primer together for combination skin, but if it doesn't work for my skin, I might just go back to mineral/physical only sunscreens even though I hate the white cast. I've wasted enough money on chemical sunscreens and it seems they all end up irritating my eyes etc. Some of them are wearable during winter though when I don't generally sweat or need much protection (=I use less product than advised, UV-index is here north 0-1 during winter and if snow+light, maaaybe 2-3). SVR Blur's filters are Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate,  Ethylhexyl Triazone and Bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine. SVR Topialyse Palpebral CC is an eye CC cream, SPF 20, mineral only. I thought it could possibly be a solution to conceal and protect my sensitive eyes! Caudalie Cracker is my solution to get my hands on the Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet again (only mini size though but currently it's wiser than full size). And finally, I don't have an eyelash curler and I've never used one, so of course I decided to go for Laura Mercier one instead of random 5 € curler... Well, it was the prettiest! So might as well!

It took 8 working days (10 days total) to receive my package. I actually think my tracking number didn't work? I just suddenly received my package and was surprised it came so quickly. Everything was well packaged, the box is sturdy.

I am more excited than I should be because they offer fragrance samples! I remember I used to make my Feelunique orders in the past so that I kept checking their free sample options and would only order when there were fragrance choices (consumer behavior is not always predictable or rational). The free mystery gift was a shower peel to be used before tanning lotion.





Catrice Dewy-ful Lips Lip Butter in 040 Dew You Care?

Was on sale (clearance?) for about 2 €. I like it! Easy to apply, my lips but better lip gloss. Doesn't really last long though, 1-2 hrs. I am trying to keep in mind that nowadays you can get so good products for cheap, that I should always test new things (yes, haven't used lip glosses since I was a teenager!) with Catrice/Essence/? to avoid wasting money. Catrice's Brow Colorist Mascara in Soft Brunette has been my go-to since I bought it too and I use Catrice's Kaviar Gauche Collection Blotting Powder for setting my eye base (no scent, very fine, colorless).

No comments:

Post a Comment