Saturday, February 10, 2024

Current Favorites


I choose my current favorites however and whenever I want!


Elizabeth Arden Replenishing Cleansing Oil

This is an old bottle because for some reason I felt I had to save it! And I still like it a lot and think it is probably the best one I've used. Similar to Tosowoong's Apricot Cleansing Oil that has been discontinued a long time ago. It's a bit oilier, heavier than Clinique Cleansing Oil that I also like. Miraculously it doesn't seem to be spoiled despite being expired. So I am going to enjoy it now!


A-Derma Dermalibour+ Barrier Cream

I finished my other A-Derma moisturizer/balm so moved on to this one, very similar. Calming and protecting on skin, especially now that the weather is messing with me. Contains mineral oil and oat derivates. Too bad A-Derma seems to have reformulated their products (no more mineral oil and it seems to be one of the safe occlusives for me, doesn't clog my skin or anything weird) and I'm not sure if this is still available.


Nizoral Shampoo

Good purifying treatment for the scalp and face both! Been washing my face lately with it once a day as well... winter is really messing with me and my skin condition.


Clinique Lash Power Mascara

I heard lots of good things about this mascara and it does deliver some of them! It does not smudge, it is easy to apply and you can layer it for a more impactful result, otherwise the look is natural. Also easy to wash off. 

But, it crumbles and flakes a little... Especially if I apply it on my lower lashes and the older (drier) the mascara gets. But it is not super major problem for a daily mascara as I like to skip often lower lash mascara so that my makeup doesn't feel heavy and doesn't irritate eyes.

I would not choose Lash Power for a night out or unpredictable conditions. But for everyday mascara, I might repurchase.


Dior Lip Glow Oil 020 Mahogany

Ok, I gave in and bought Dior's Lip Oil as well.

Actually, I wasn't too impressed when I tried it for the first time. The applicator felt clumsily big, product not very pigmented, no "oomph". But after a week or two of actually using it I really like it! Very comfortable on dry winter lips, easy to apply, lasts well and wears off well. Just makes my lips look naturally good for a while. Not irritating and doesn't taste of anything, no scent. 

I like the deeper shade of Lip Maximizer in Mahogany better but Lip Oil is quite a sheer product so it doesn't really matter that it is more red.


Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet EdT

Yes, Blooming Bouquet was in my favorites in December as well. It is just a versatile everyday scent! I really like it. I am amazed I'm almost half way through the bottle (30 ml) in 3 months! Probably means that you have to overspray it a bit because it's not very strong or long lasting, but, to me it means that I'm not afraid to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment