Friday, July 24, 2020

Bioeffect EGF Serum Mini 5 ml Review

Ingredients:

Glycerin, Aqua, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tromethamine, Sodium Chloride, Horderum Vulgare Seed Extract, EGF (Transgenic Barley SH-Oligopeptide-1).

I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...



Thoughts:

Price is insane (when you are poor at least...)



Surprisingly moisturizing alone despite being almost watery, slightly tacky serum. It was enough for me alone usually (combination skin) even though the couple of first days I really would have wanted to add something on top, maybe out of habit.

Absorbs fast, almost immediately. Leaves skin smooth, but slightly tacky. The smooth feeling stays.

Doesn't affect any products on top (I tried the serum under makeup twice too).

Next is just how I feel/see it: I think my forehead lines have diminished, I can see only 1 line now (not that my situation was bad to begin with but you know), I think my pores look more refined next to my nose, my dark under eyes look less dark and my cheeks feel bouncy/tight.

No fragrance, no scent.

In the morning, my skin always looks good. Whatever is this sorcery, I may never know. Maybe because the serum has minimal ingredients and just doesn't include anything my skin doesn't like.

A little goes a long way, especially when applied to a slightly damp skin


* I have mixed feelings of Bioeffect's EGF Serum! I never would have bought this one myself, I just think it's slightly ridiculous to pay over 100 € for 15 ml of serum when the effects are probably hardly noticeable. That being said, now that I have used the 5 ml mini size, I actually do notice a difference! Unless I just imagine it. Even if the EGF extract does nothing, at least the product is a great serum.

I have used EGF Serum as instructed, in the evening, to a clean skin 4 small drops (didn't use any toners either) and used nothing on top. Except I waited 5-10 minutes to apply eye cream.

5 ml mini size lasted me about 2-3 months, used every other day or sometimes daily in the evening.

I have been reading now other reviews of EGF Serum, and it seems, everyone has their own feelings about it. I was surprised that some people described the serum "heavy" and "only for a super dry skin" and "never absorbed" and "oily". Others saw changes, others didn't. Mostly people didn't think it was worth it. Someone said it was the best as a booster once in a while. And of course, a lot of discussion if  EGF is even safe to put on skin, if it causes cancer, or, the molecules are just too big to absorb deep enough to do something topically.



Price: 

100-135 € / 15 ml full size

Value of the small bottle (not for sale individually) 33-45 € / 5 ml

Bought from: 

Got in Lookfantastic Advent Calendar 2019

Buy again? 

Likely when I am older or in the next couple of years - or if I run into a really good sale. 

Worth the money? 

The price feels insane indeed for someone who's not rich (cough, me, cough) and not really into skincare. But I must admit that based on the 5 ml mini size I used during 2-3 months, it is really, really good serum (and basically all in one for me for the evening). I am not an expert so I have no idea if the EGF actually does anything in skincare setting or if it is even safe in the end (the plant based one should be though if you don't already have a possible skin cancer that could grow?), also I am still a bit too young to see any serious results even if it miraculously would suddenly do something in 2-3 months! However, when I stopped using the serum for several days and replaced it with something else I always noticed difference in my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment