Monday, October 14, 2019

Kicks Beauty Deep Cleansing Oil 150 ml Review


Ingredients:


Canola Oil, Sorbitan Troleate, Polysorbate 85, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Parfum.

I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...


Thoughts:

I haven't noticed much (barely at all) grits coming out compared to other cleansing oils I've used. Kicks cleansing oil is more like a makeup remover, not really deep cleansing, in my opinion.

Scent is not bad (fake fruity), just not something I prefer, quite strong too.

The short nozzle is a little funny, you really have to pick up the bottle to dispense the product to your palm. With other cleansing oils the nozzle is so long that you don't have to.



Emulsifies beautifully, instantly almost and is easy to wash off. Maybe leaves a slight residue when the makeup/sunscreen is stubborn but really not otherwise.

Sturdy bottle.

Not drying, not pore clogging, not irritating. Short ingredient list.

Removes makeup well. As well as any other cleansing oil at least. I don't think there's usually much difference.



* Kicks was having a -50% sale on Kicks Beauty in the beginning of this year and I thought it was a perfect opportunity to try new stuff. I am impressed. Kicks Beauty seems to actually have good products. I do have a wish list waiting in case they have another sale. :)

I usually take 3 pumps of product. The oil is thicker than other (Korean) cleansing oils I've used, but it doesn't feel as oily, slippery. It also doesn't emulsify so strongly either. It just washes off.

From the very first time I tried this cleansing oil, I knew I would like it despite all the other possible negatives: it washes off so beautifully and fast, I can use it, no matter how tired or drunk I am. Or maybe I'm desperate to find a replacement for Tosowoong's Apricot Cleansing Oil that I believe is discontinued...

I've been using now Kicks Beauty Cleansing Oil for about two months, I believe it will last me for a while (wild guess: 6-8 months) because I'm alternating between different oils. It's in an opaque bottle so it's impossible to see how much there is left. But I think the bottle also protects the product because no light gets in.



Price: 

15,90 € / 150 ml

Bought from: 

Kicks

Buy again? 

Maybe (yes?). But I'm going to wait for a sale.

Worth the money? 

Yes, I believe so, especially if there's a sale going on. It's not bad when full price either, but this cleansing oil is not perfect and when something already costs 16 €, in my own little mind I go "hmm... I might as well buy something that is 20+ € that is hopefully more luxurious or at least smells better". But, Kicks Beauty's Deep Cleansing Oil is a good basic cleansing oil and it does well in the most important parts, it takes off makeup gently and washes off immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment