Wednesday, May 17, 2017

What is the purpose of this blog?


What is the purpose of this blog? 

Mainly for documenting the skincare and beauty products I have used and my opinions of them. This is my notebook that may or may not be useful for other people as well. I'm so grateful for all the product reviews I have found online through the years, even a couple of words, couple of photos have helped me to make my decisions! Thank you!

I also want to follow if some certain products or ingredients cause me irritations or make my skin glow. I'm soon 30 and never really thought about my skin that much before. Or, more like, didn't understand to make any research to make it better. I thought acne prone combination skin just existed and would stay like that forever, nothing could be done about it. 

I discovered toners only couple of years ago. I have never used sunscreen before. When I was teenager, I refused to use moisturizer at first. I used to pick on my skin and then lather heavy layer of foundation of top of it.I bought the cheapest products because I thought that skincare was a waste of money! I can't really blame myself as I didn't know any better. At least, I never used toothpaste, lemon or baking powder on my face. Or harsh scrubs. I had extremely sensitive skin after all so I couldn't go and test things without massive irritation.

Now, my skin isn't so oily anymore, even though it's still combination and sensitive. My main concerns are the redness, old small scars, pores... overall dullness.Slight fine lines on my forehead.  Still, I want to emphasize, that I'm not looking for eternal youth. I'm just curious to try new things and new routines. As you can probably tell by now, I'm not a professional and don't know much about skincare yet, however I'm learning all the time!

All that being said! Let my journey begin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment