Saturday, September 23, 2017

Neutrogena Visibly Clear Blackhead Eliminating Toner 200 ml Review


Ingredients:

[PR-013490] Aqua, Alcohol Denat., PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Glycerine, Salicylic Acid, Menthyl Lactate, Potassium Lactate, Sodium Citrate, Parfum.

I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...


Thoughts:

- If used everyday, makes my skin dry

- Most of the product is water and alcohol denat

- If I have painful blemishes/irritated skin/have been picking my face (yes I'm sorry) this toner stings

- Doesn't help with blackheads/sebaceous filaments like it states in the name

- Sometimes makes my skin slightly red/irritated if I put it on already dry and irritated skin but I don't do it anymore



+ So, this toner has so many negatives... why do I still use it? First bottle I bought a long time ago to fight blackheads and oiliness and noticed that this alcohol bomb cleans skin so, so well!

+ Has salicylic acid (but probably not right pH to actually exfoliate?)

+ Has helped with oiliness, pores and overall condition of skin if not overused

+ Perfect cleaning toner to take to travels when it might be a challenge to take care of skin due to time or other limits

+ Has a short list of ingredients and not over ambitious use of plant extracts and yeasts and whatnot that leaves me guessing which one hates me

+ Cheap, lasts forever because can't be used everyday



* Everytime I use this toner I sight to myself that I have to find something less irritating but as effective but it's not easy to test new things

* It's also difficult to give up things you've been using a long time even though they might not be the perfect choice anymore

* Neutrogena as a brand seems to be quite cheap and reliable, at least I have never been disappointed in their products, then again in my country it's quite limited what you can get, compared to USA for example



Price: 

About 6 € / 200 ml

Bought from: 

Anywhere

Buy again? 

Maybe?

Worth the money? 

Well, it doesn't do what it says it does, but it's not a waste of money either. I have repurchased it several times so it must kinda be or I'm an idiot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment