Sunday, September 24, 2017

Nivea Daily Essentials Wash Off Effective Cleansing Gel 200 ml + Stay Clear Pyrifying Toner 200 ml Review




Ingredients:

Nivea Daily Essentials Wash Off Effective Cleansing Gel 

Aqua, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Carbomer, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Glyceryl Glucoside, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Decyl Glucoside, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Benzophenone- 4, Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Parfum, CI 42090




Nivea Daily Essentials Stay Clear Pyrifying Toner 

Aqua, Alcohol Denat., PEG-8, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Glyceryl Glucoside, Polyquaternium-10, Citric Acid, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Alcohol, ButylphenylMethylpropional, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Parfum





I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...


Thoughts:

- Cleansing gel doesn't properly remove all the make-up and dirt like it promises and it was probably one reason I used to have more pimples: I didn't really like toners or double cleansing back in the day

- Toner doesn't clean as well as Neutrogena's Blackhead Eliminating Toner, I was shocked when I tested Neutrogena for the first time and the cotton pad got dark!

- The gel is difficult to wash off if I use too much - it just seems to slide all over my face

- Toner feels like a lost product a bit - it's not properly cleansing and not hydrating, what is it supposed to do?

- Ingredient lists aren't very appealing on their own: Alcohol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate...



+ Neither gel or toner don't seem to dry my skin at all

+ Especially the cleansing gel is very gentle

+ Affordable, almost always on sale, can get them everywhere

+ Big bottles and they seem to last forever as a little goes long way

+ Hardly any smell, very inoffensive products in every way

+ I like gel cleansers

+ Not long ingredient lists, not lots of ferments, plant extracts, or other exotic stuff



* Again, these two are products I've been buying, oh I don't know, for 7 years?!

* For their price point and gentleness, easy to get, almost always on sale... they are almost unbeatable

* Maybe they are a bit bland and not exciting products, very basic



Price: 

Between 4-7 € / 200 ml, usually I buy on sale

Bought from: 

Everywhere

Buy again? 

Yes, old habits die hard. Will probably buy them until something that makes my skin amazing will appear. 

Worth the money? 

Yes, absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment