Saturday, September 23, 2017

Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-Free Moisturiser 50 ml + Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Moisturiser 50 ml Review


New packaging and name, Spot Proofing Oil Free Moisturiser. The formula hasn't changed.




Ingredients:

Visibly Clear Oil-Free Moisturiser

[PR-015105] Aqua, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Menthyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate Cocamidopropyl PG- Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Dimethicone, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Propylene Glycerol Isostearate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Carbomer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Lactic Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol

Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Moisturiser

[PR-015516] Aqua, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Menthyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Dimethicone, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Propylene Glycol Isostearate, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Carbomer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Lactic Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol.


I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...





Thoughts:

- The grapefruit moisturizer smells bad and too strong to me but I've been able to ignore it

- After any scrubs or other exfoliants (or sometimes sauna, even) they both cause intense tingling or burning that usually subsides in ten minutes - however, I learned from a couple of times not to use them after those treatments

- They are not moisturizing enough on their own or with other product for night for me anymore

- Their preservatives seem to be parabens?



+ I had worse skin acne wise back then and I was afraid of trying anything new, but I took the risk and bought the basic oil-free moisturiser and my skin got better within days

+ Even still, a week without these moisturisers affect my skin

+ They both absorb and dry fast, within 1-3 minutes

+ They feel moisturizing but leave a nice, even, soft matte-ish finish

+ They don't cause any pilling and look very good under make-up

+ Don't clog the pores



* The Grapefruit one feels a touch more moisturizing but otherwise they are pretty much the same to me

* Last winter was the first time I felt these moisturizers weren't enough alone for my aging skin

* Great for combination, oily and acne-prone skin, like what I used to have

* Even though they are not ideal products for me anymore, I can trust them not to break me out and I will probably always repurchase out of habit...

* I have probably been using these for closer to 6 years already, I wonder if they are as good as I make them out to be? Or I have gotten used to them and been too lazy to compare to other things?



Price: 

About 6,5 € / 50 ml

Bought from: 

Everywhere, basically.

Buy again? 

Yes

Worth the money? 

Absolutely, they are effective for acne-prone skin! The price-quality ratio works. However, for dry and aging skin they just are not moisturizing enough, even though for such light and non-clogging moisturizers they truly are packing a wonder.

1 comment:

  1. Ata ki dawyar por gole tarpor thanda hoy jokhon dibo joto bar dibo??

    ReplyDelete