Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Korean Skincare Sample Reviews Part 3 Feat Tonymoly


This time I didn't have that much luck with the samples. Might be a while when I dare to try more. Still, I'm happy I discovered I probably can't use saccharomyces because I had been eyeing so many fermented products. Also I don't think I will be buying any hand/body creams from abroad without testing samples, I had been considering them too. I don't mind fragrance, I love shopping for perfumes and using them, I'm just very sensitive to certain smells.

TONYMOLY Panda's Dream White Hand Cream



Ingredients:

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycerin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 60, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Beeswax, Cyclohexasiloxane, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyacrylate-13, Chlorphenesin, Polyisobutene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Honey Extract, Phyllostachis Bambusoides Juice, Sorbitan Isostearate, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Alcohol, Polyglutamic Acid, Citric Acid

* Tried 1 sample, threw the rest to trash

* Smells so cheap, strong, perfume like, sickly sweet!

* Had to wash my hands almost immediately as the smell made me gag, also felt some tingling on my skin, but the smell wouldn't go away! It lingers like glue

* Horrible, avoid


TONYMOLY Bio EX Multi-Cell Energy



Ingredients:

Saccharomyces/Rice Ferment Filtrate Extract, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Niacinamide, Dipropylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Silica, Polyglyceryl-6 Stearate, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Pinus Sylvestris Leaf Oil, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, PEG-32, Beheneth-25, Panthenol, Sucrose Polystearate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-6 Behenate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Adenosine, Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Phospholipids, Ceramide 3, Cholesterol, Arginine, Phytosterols, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol.


* Tried 1 sample

* Quite disgusting, sweet smell, but not strong

* Moisturized quite well! Almost felt like no moisturizer was necessary

* Light milky gel consistency, spreads well

* Skin looked surprisingly smooth and bright

* No immediate irritation, less redness than what I usually experience when touching my face?

* Next morning, I had about 10 new small whiteheads, a couple of them turned into big painful pimples, it took over two weeks (!!) for my skin to heal and look "normal" again, and a lot of pampering as for the first couple of days, the pimples wouldn't go away and new ones popped up in hours...

* I'm guessing my skin can't tolerate saccharomyces? What about galactomyces, then? I don't think I got reaction of Cosrx Galactomyces essence samples


LUKE Charcoal Nose Cleansing Strips

Ingredients:

Charcoal, vitamin E, Aloe Vera Extract, Green Tea Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana Extract, etc


* Tried 1

* Couldn't find full ingredients

* I know strips are not good for your skin but I just had to try once since they were free and just sitting there in the sample pile...

* Easy to put to nose, good instructions

* Too small strip, didn't cover all the problem areas (yes I might have a huge potato nose...)

* Dries fast and immediately starts pulling skin, couldn't keep it the recommended time

* Extracted maybe only one or two blackheads (or sebaceous filaments)

* Pores did look smaller and finer after

* But my skin felt so dry and irritated otherwise that it didn't matter that pores looked smaller

* The rest of the strips? To trash they go



TONYMOLY Banana Hand Milk



Ingredients:

Water, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract, Urea, Pentylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Milk Protein Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate,Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985).


* Shares the same off-putting banana yoghurt smell as the banana sleeping pack

* As the pack, the smell fades soon

* Even though it's called milk (I would have thought something more in liquid form) it looked and felt like regular cream

* Actually absorbs and moisturizes quite nicely

* Didn't irritate or tingle like panda hand cream

* However, I have decided that there's no way I will rub anything that smells like sweet fake banana on my face or hands again because skincare isn't about trying to hold your breath for several minutes... to trash they go, too



TONYMOLY Make HD Silk Argan Oil




Ingredients:

Argan oil, etc


* Tried 1 sample

* Couldn't find full ingredients

* There should be more hair care samples as well, this is the only one I have received!

* Well, felt like oil but the sample was so small I was able to rub it only a small part of my hair

* Did make hair feel somewhat softer but it wasn't really rough to begin with

* Absorbed really nicely and quickly, didn't leave hair sticky at all!

* However, the smell of this sample was so, so weirdly sweet and strong, like not bad but just weird for oil product

* Will not purchase based on this sample

No comments:

Post a Comment