Monday, May 20, 2019

The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% 30 ml Review





Ingredients:


Aqua (Water), Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone, Azelaic Acid, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysilicone-11, Isohexadecane, Tocopherol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.


I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...






Thoughts:


- Strangely, I believe TO's Azelaic Acid broke me out!

- In a couple of weeks didn't notice reduced redness or brightness or smoothness - probably a product that you have to use for a long time to notice changes

- A bit weird to use because it's so silicony... do I use it first next to skin, or last? You would think acids are more effective closer to skin but if applied first, other products won't absorb?




+ Soft, emollient, easy to spread evenly

+ Azelaic acid is said to be good for rosacea and redness, not so harsh acid

+ Very slight scent, barely noticeable

+ Affordable

+ Not as drying on my skin as some other acids (but I feel it was still a bit drying)

+ Works as a primer as well, nice finish




* I tried to use TO's Azelaic Acid a couple of times (different occassions) for some weeks, but I felt it was probably breaking me out. Could've been something else of course but in the end I decided to give this one away and try it or some other azelaic acid product again in the future. I thought azelaic acid could've been a heaven sent for my red skin! Perhaps it was my skin's other problem at the time, perhaps it's TO's formula.

* Garden of Wisdom has 10% Azelaic Acid Serum, without silicones. I'll go for that one at some point. Unless I manage to pick up Skinoren while travelling.

* Anyway, this is not really a review, just noting that I impatiently tried the product at a wrong time perhaps and gave up too soon. (It's been a while.) I do not know if silicones are problematic for my skin, I think they are a bit pore clogging but I can't remember that they would've been a disaster to my skin ever. Isodecyl Neopentanoate is both in TO's MAP and AA, I think both products broke me out? Does the type of the silicone matter much?



Price: 

7,20 € / 30 ml

Bought from: 

The Ordinary webstore

Buy again? 

No? 

Worth the money? 

Very affordable for an azelaic acid product! There aren't many options honestly unless you get a prescription for Skinoren or buy more expensive pharmacy cosmetic products. I think the tube would last for a while despite being 30 ml because the cream is very soft and even a small amount is easy to spread evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment