Thursday, February 1, 2018

Nivea Lip Butter Original & Raspberry Rose 16,7 g / 19 ml Review


Ingredients:


Original

Cera Microcristallina, Paraffinum Liquidum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Aqua, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BHT, CI 77891

Raspberry Rose

Cera Microcristallina, Paraffinum Liquidum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Aqua, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BHT, Aroma, CI 77891, CI 15850

I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...



Thoughts:


- Unhygienic because have to dip fingers into product

- The Raspberry Rose one is not pleasant to use in the evening before bed because it has a bit sickly smell, also for day it doesn't even tint lips even though it has this pink color

- I don't think they are that moisturizing, they are good for slightly dry lips for a moment, but the effect goes away quite soon and lips don't stay moisturized/soft after that (but they are not painfully dry anymore)



+ Actually a lip balm that didn't seem to make my lips dry in the long run! Quite many do with frequent use and even right after you apply them

+ Nice, soft, smooth

+ The tins are cute, I'll give them that!

+ They are easy to carry around, the size and shape are nice for pockets



* These lip butters are good but not irreplaceable, anyway they're not for cracked lips, then you need something more heavy duty like Bepanthen.

* I think the Raspberry Rose one I regret buying, because it's scented and colored I can't even use it for hand/nail balm because I don't want to swim in that smell. Original version works for that very well!

* The question is really, maybe I could just use vaselin instead of these? Lately, or actually for a while, I've used L'Occitane's Shea Butter and it's been excellent, I quite enjoy its thickness more than these Lip Butters that are thinner



Price: 

Maybe about 4 € / 19 ml

Bought from: 

Grocery store

Buy again? 

Might be discontinued? If not, the original version maybe, depending what it really cost. Raspberry Rose, no.

Worth the money? 

I think they cost a bit more than I would have liked for lip balms but as you can see I still haven't even finished them so they last a long time. Or maybe they last a long time because I still rather went for Bepanthen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment