Saturday, February 3, 2018

Lumene Blueberry Curl Waterproof Mascara Review DISCONTINUED


Ingredients:


A mystery! Didn't take photos. Super old product.

I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...



Thoughts:


- Extremely difficult to remove, needed baby oil, no normal make up remover worked. Took a long time to get if off

- Could start to irritate eyes at the end of the day, also if used several days in a row. When it got painful, it was really painful

- I think I always lost some eyelashes when wearing this mascara a lot, maybe it was the cleansing process that I was too harsh with...



+ One of the best mascaras I've used, or maybe time has made my memory fuzzy... at least one of the most waterproof

+ This mascara was truly WATERPROOF, I went to swim, to shower, to sauna with it and the bugger didn't budge

+ The brush was precise, I loved it's shape and plasticness

+ Very pigmented

+ The result was truly longer and thicker eyelashes, someone asked me if I had falsies one day!



* So annoyed I didn't realize to take picture of the ingredient list when I threw away the old mascara I found lying around. (What do you mean I clean my stash too rarely... this mascara was probably five years old or something! No, I did not use it anymore!)

* Apparently, Blueberry Wild Curl Waterproof was the reformulation of Blueberry Curl Waterproof, now Lumene has Nordic Chic Full-On Curl Waterproof that is close to the discontinued Blueberry mascara... (I'm not old but I feel too old to follow all the reformulations and then get sad when I can't find my old favorites anymore at the store. Then I buy nothing.)

* I will copy-paste the ingredient list of the new Nordic Chic Mascara here if it resembles even a little bit the original Blueberry ones for future reference (like what is causing the eye irritation): ISODODECANE, PARAFFIN, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, TALC, C12-16 ALCOHOLS, POLYBUTENE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX), TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN, HYDROGENATED TETRADECENYL/METHYLPENTADECENE, PHENOXYETHANOL, LECITHIN, PALMITIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL, (CI 77499) IRON OXIDES.



Price: 

About 15-17 €?

Bought from: 

Grocery stores, Citymarket probably

Buy again? 

Discontinued. A long time ago.

Worth the money? 

It was more than I would like to pay for a mascara but I never had to worry that it would smudge and it always looked good. It was not a product for sensitive eyes though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment