Thursday, October 12, 2017

The Face Shop Rice Cleansing Oil 150 ml Review


Ingredients:


Isopropyl Myristate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyglyceryl-10, Diisostearate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Water/Eau, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Saponaria Officinalis Leaf Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool

I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...



Thoughts:

- Stings and irritates my eyes so badly

- Highly fragranced, not pleasant

- Difficult to wash off, takes a lot of time: when water is applied, no matter the amount, it sticks to the skin

- It is a must to use another cleanser after this oil, because it just won't budge and leaves residue!

- Doesn't emulsify beautifully or fast

- I'm not sure if this cleansing oil is breaking me out a little too, but if it is it's very minor

- The bottle design is bad, it squirts the product everywhere, you have to be careful with it

- I didn't get any grits while massaging



+ Nice liquidy consistency straight out from the bottle, the slip on the face while massaging is great, no need to tug your skin or use a huge amount of oil

+ Price point is good

+ Oil lasts long because you don't need very much of it (1-2 pumps)

+ Well, the pink bottle and liquid look very attractive



* I think if  The Face Shop's Rice Cleansing Oil would've been my first cleansing oil experiment it also would've been the last and only one

* I just can't wrap my head around the hype about this product, why is it so popular everywhere? There's nothing good about it except the slip?

* Tosowoong's Apricot Cleansing Oil is superior compared to Rice Cleansing Oil: it smells nice, doesn't irritate eyes, emulsifies fast and easy, doesn't leave residue, is just as affordable

* But for actually cleansing the skin in the end, The Face Shop and Tosowoong are similar and okay, not that good for eye make-up I would say

* I suppose rice water/extract has some brightening results for some people but I don't think I'm one of them

* I have used maybe 1/5 of the bottle and still just dislike it everyday

* I made everything sound like it's a terrible product and doesn't work for anyone but you know, it's not unusable and doesn't wreak a havoc on my skin so that's quite well already (for someone with problem skin)



Price: 

USD 10.18

Bought from: 

Jolse

Buy again? 

Absolutely not. I'm trying to figure out if I suffer through the whole bottle or if I can give it to someone!

Worth the money? 

Sadly, even with the low price, I don't think so as it's so unpleasant to use. It does last a long time and is maybe worth a try if you're just interested in trying different things. I would not recommend it for a sensitive skin though.

No comments:

Post a Comment