Saturday, March 2, 2019

Clio Kill Protection Matte Sun Base SPF 50+ PA++++ and Glow Sun Base SPF 50+ PA++++ 50 ml Review



Ingredients:


Clio Kill Protection Matte Sun Base SPF 50+ PA++++

I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...







Ingredients:

Clio Kill Protection  Glow Sun Base SPF 50+ PA++++ 










Thoughts:

Glow Base doesn't stay put like Matte Base, if you sweat it will migrate to your eyes... and it seriously burns! I felt like I couldn't see properly until I washed my face. But I have sensitive eyes.

- Glow Base doesn't work as well as a primer as Matte Base, it doesn't hide imperfections. (But it smooths the skin a bit!)

Matte Base leaves a slight white cast.

Matte Base is also slightly pore clogging. (But it seems to be the same for all physical sunscreens, Matte Base is mixed filters.)

- The Glow Base could look shiny instead of glowy depending on skin and other products.

Neither one works for eye contour area: Glow Base hurts eyes and Matte Base makes the thin skin horribly dry.



Matte Sun Base acts exactly like No Sebum! Lasts on my face all day and works amazingly as a primer and makes everything stay put on my face. Not much oiliness on my T-area at the end of the day either.

Glow Base doesn't leave any white cast (almost fully chemical sunscreen) and absorbs super fast. About 20-30 % of the shine disappears in 5-10 minutes.

Glow Base leaves skin looking very fresh and moisturized and slightly smoothed. So I guess that could be called glowy. Makes also skin very soft and works well as an illuminating primer if you don't sweat much.

Good size, sleek stylish tubes, easy to use, sealed with foils.

High sun protection with SPF+ PA++++ (compared to physical sunscreens I've been using)

Fragrance is fresh and not too strong for both of them, Glow Base smells a bit fruitier. They both linger for maybe 10 minutes. EDIT: Sometimes the fragrance of Glow Base can linger for hours, sometimes it doesn't, maybe depends on what you put on top of it?



* So I've already used up one tube of the older version of Matte Sun Base (Clio Kill Protection Sun Base No Sebum SPF 50+ PA++++) and I liked it... Of course I bought Matte Sun Base when I noticed the ingredients were the same/about the same. I also wanted to try Glow Sun Base.

My older review for No Sebum still stands for Matte! They are basically the same.

Haven't had time to test Glow Base properly as during the summer the sweating stopped me from using it. So not sure if it could break me out etc. EDIT April 2019: I have been using Glow Base now for two weeks, every day. It is surprisingly good make-up base, you would think otherwise because of the glow/shine. It does hold the makeup throughout the whole (normal no sweaty) day and makes skin seriously very soft. No breakouts so far. I quite like it.







Price: 

USD 11.94 / 50 ml (both of them)

Now on ebay USD 14.42

Bought from: 

Ebay seller roseroseshop (both of them)

Buy again? 

Yes for Matte Base, it is already a repurchase. I think I actually have to get a back-up now in case Clio decides to terminate it or something. (I live in constant fear when I find things that I like.) As for Glow Base, I don't know yet because I haven't tested it enough!

Worth the money? 


I do think so. They both are very pleasant in fragrance and consistency and serve different purposes. Price is average for a face sunscreen.






1 comment: