Thursday, November 14, 2019

Shopping and Gifts


Lookfantastic Advent Calendar 2019

Got this as a Christmas present again. I had one in 2017 and decided that I wouldn't buy one myself, it wasn't worth it. But I am more than ready to receive one and enjoy the excitement of opening the boxes even though I know I probably truly like only half of the things. And who knows, maybe there will be a new favorite. I at least learned a lot about cosmetics through the 2017 calendar! I have already opened a couple first boxes and I am very happy so far. Maybe this year's calendar is better than the 2017 one?! :)





Colourpop Build Your Own Palette

It took so long to get my Colourpop BYOP palette! Shipping took from Colourpop to my country only about 5 days, but then the customs and the postal service in my country had the package going around for 11 days. Good thing I had tracking number. The shadows are very pretty and a generous size. I must say I really enjoy doing my own arrangement of singles in the palette. The shadows are more pigmented than what I am used to and it is a bit challenging! I ordered the next shadows: You Got It, In Frequency, Martian, Koi, Criss Cross, Cut-Outs, Running Late, Side Tracked, Bratty, Bump This, Wait For It and Wake Up Call.

Well packaged in bubble wrap. The individual shadows had plastic and cardboard around them. Colourpop's boxes are always the cutest with colourful prints!


Yikes, a flash photo in dark. Probably not exactly accurate colours!

Essence Spice It Up Eyeshadow Palette

Ooh, impulse purchase while doing grocery shopping! I can't decide if I should hit myself or what. It took so "long" in my mind for the Colourpop palette to arrive, so when I saw this one at the store for 12 €, I just took it... "Yup, pretty, my colours, thank you". Anyway, good thing is, this palette had super warm orange-ish browns and a yellow and glitters in many flattering shades that I didn't even realize I would like so much.




The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane x 2

The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser 

The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA 

Hylamide High Efficiency Face Cleaner

Hylamide Booster, C25

Oh, Deciem, I was almost out of squalane and the -23 % sale got me. Me, low-buy?! I think I have ruined it now, at the end of the year... I hope I don't need to order much or anything (!) in 2020 though. Hylamide products are something I've been curious about but never pulled the trigger. Booster C25 is 25% pure Ethyl-Ascorbic Acid. I love Ethylated Ascorbic Acid 15% Solution from The Ordinary already so I wanted to try this too. High Efficiency Face Cleaner sounds like an interesting cleansing oil with with unusual oils!

Again, good packaging. Everything was in tightly, nothing was moving around. I actually feel Deciem has improved their packaging or this time no one was stomping on it during the transit. Quite often in the past the packaging has been looking a bit dead, having even holes in it and things moving inside. But despite that I have never had missing or ruined items. Because it is the sale month, it took several days for them to ship. 




Head&Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo 1000 ml

I saw the 1 liter bottle for the first time ever and it looked so comical I had to take it... Maybe a bit big to handle but whatever, there's a pump and this will probably last a year. It is my staple product so there's no worries that I wouldn't finish it!


Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Gel Wash

My current bottle is nearing the end so bought a new one! 4,75 € per 200 ml is not a bad price even though I was hoping that they would have been on sale.


Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink in 65 Seductress

This one was on sale (still cost me 8,62 €) and I've wanted to try one because of the hype for a while. I've used it a couple of times now and even if the shade choice wasn't what I was hoping for, I think Maybelline really has struck gold formula wise. I am so impressed by the longevity and comfort that I'm going to get more of these!


EDIT:



Lumene Powder Brush No. 01

My old powder brushes (1€ ones off ebay!) are showing their age and I had been interested in getting another Lumene brush. It is so pretty and I think it's a perfect size and denseness for pressed powder pacts, but I might end up using it for blush too. I still want to get some soft eye brushes, and maybe a fan brush, then I'm all set (I want to replace my Essence brushes that are too scratchy for my eyes). I am thinking getting more Luxie, or Zoeva. But I do have some sets on my wishlist from BH Cosmetics as well... I wish there would be a brush bar somewhere. You could go and touch and test hundreds of brushes at the same time.


Essence Stay 8h Lipliner in 02 Tea Time

Maybe it wasn't a good idea to swatch all my lip products. I noticed all the gaps and how weird my lipliner shades are. I am wondering though now if I should've gone for the shade 01 Because Duh. I think store lighting is something that totally misguides me. But I think these cost around 2 € so they are a good price to get another to play with. I want to be that person who learns to do and use lip makeup effortlessly!


Catrice Brow Colorist Semi Permanent Brow Mascara in 015 Soft Brunette

This is amazing for a lazy person like me. The mascara brush is so small, cute, precise, great shape for eyebrows. This shade is super natural as well. I could have gone for a darker shade as well I believe. For my lifestyle and eyebrow shape, I can quickly just brush this on and call it a day... the gel dries almost instantly. My brows look fluffier and tinted, but very naturally. This cost around 4,5 € and it was hidden between other products on the stand but I'm glad I randomly picked it up.


ANOTHER EDIT:


Colourpop Ultra Blotted Lip in Halo Effect

Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Hanky Panky

Colourpop Pressed Powder Shadow in Hear Me Out

My friend wanted to try some Colourpop stuff too and asked if I wanted to get something in the same order. So these were definitely impulse purchases even though I have wanted to try some of the super shocks. At least I think they were -20-30%. Some neutral colors for once!

No comments:

Post a Comment