Friday, April 19, 2019

Lumene Invisible Illumination Instant Illuminizer Valopisarat Midnight Sun 15 ml Review




Ingredients:


AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ISODODECANE, LAURYL PEG-10 TRIS(TRIMETHYLSILOXY)SILYLETHYL DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE, MICA, GLYCERIN, RUBUS CHAMAEMORUS (CLOUDBERRY) SEED EXTRACT, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYSILICONE-11, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PROPANEDIOL, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, HYDROXYPROPYL CYCLODEXTRIN, PALMITOYL TRIPEPTIDE-38, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, CITRONELLOL, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), (CI 77891) TITANIUM DIOXIDE, (CI 77491) IRON OXIDES.

I try to mark the sunscreen ingredients in red and other possible irritants in lilac. Ingredients thought to be good and useful for skin I mark green.  Learning as I go, google is my friend etc...









Thoughts:


- Expensive for a small bottle!

- The fragrance is quite strong and lingers for a while, however it's not really an unpleasant scent.

- The bottle neck seems to get messy easily, kinda disgusting and a waste of product. Also I wonder how you get everything out of the bottle?

- If you're looking for a real strobe highlighter, this is probably not the answer.

- You really have to remember to shake the bottle, otherwise the liquid comes out separated.

- Maybe even a bit "oily" consistency. I can't wear this anywhere near my eyes, on my eyelids, on brow bone to bring light there, as it immediately melts. On cheeks it's ok.




+ No photo does justice to the colour and shimmer Lumene's Midnight Sun has. It's just beautiful. Perfect shade between rose gold, gold and pink. I just want to spread it all over my body!

+ At the same time natural but pigmented, doesn't look clowny or too out of place.

+ Despite being 15 ml bottle, lasts a long time if used in moderation.

+ The packaging is so pretty, instantly caught my attention (what do you mean, obsessed with pink?). Also I appreciate the plastic cover so I know no one has opened the product in store.

+ Easy to apply and blend with fingers. You don't have to know what you're doing.




* My sister really went and got me this highlighter as a christmas present after I mentioned it to her months ago! Our conversation was something about unnecessary luxury products that we just don't want to buy ourselves because our rational side keeps us in check.

* I also must say that Lumene has some ridiculous unnecessary long names for their product lines. I'm always so confused when I start to look up something.

* Also I'm not very experienced with highlighters. Just recently gotten into the glow hype.




Price: 

29,90 € / 15 ml

Bought from: 

Got as a gift.

Buy again? 

Probably not.

Worth the money? 

The color is really pretty and on point but let's be honest, if I'm going to buy Lumene's Illuminizer again, there must be a deep discount to entice me! There is a real highlighter war going on out there and you can find really good ones for cheap so I don't see much other value here than luxury. Not that luxury is a bad thing. I like luxury. 




No comments:

Post a Comment